Changing cabins

sweetcurves

I'm booked on the Dream and I'm in cabin 1438 which is the oversized one that's next to a staircase. I'm concerned about noise from the staircase. Does anyone know if I'm able to move to a regular oceanview at no cost to me? We are paid in full.

From what I can tell, there is only deluxe oceanview available (the ones with the extra half bathroom), but the easy saver rate is the same as what we paid (early saver). The new early saver rate is like $60 more. I want to pick my cabin so I don't want to go to easy saver.

Ahhh the fare stuff confuses the crap out of me!!!

That is the staff staircase. Only they use it. We stayed in a room around one before, and we had no noise issues at all from it. People typically love these rooms. Most of them have 2 windows instead of just one. But if you still want to move and pay nothing extra, there are only 4 other rooms in that category (6A), and they all sleep 3 people. They are in the front of the ship. Any other category, you would most likely have to pay to upgrade to.

That is the staff staircase. Only they use it. We stayed in a room around one before, and we had no noise issues at all from it. People typically love these rooms. Most of them have 2 windows instead of just one. But if you still want to move and pay nothing extra, there are only 4 other rooms in that category (6A), and they all sleep 3 people. They are in the front of the ship. Any other category, you would most likely have to pay to upgrade to.

Thanks. I think I'll stick with it. I love the size of it but I wonder if we'll miss having the sofa or not. Who knows. I was all the way aft, riviera deck on my last cruise and never woke up from any noise (engines or anything), even though people warned me I would. I slept GREAT on the cruise. I hope I do again!

Thanks. I think I'll stick with it. I love the size of it but I wonder if we'll miss having the sofa or not. Who knows. I was all the way aft, riviera deck on my last cruise and never woke up from any noise (engines or anything), even though people warned me I would. I slept GREAT on the cruise. I hope I do again!

On my cruise that was around this stairway on Main deck, there were engine noises & vibrations/creaking from the ship & things like that. But that was on Triumph, which has a unique history of being noisy in the back. It could still happen on the Dream to a lesser extent, compared to my experience. But since it didn't bother you last time, it probably won't this time either. These types of rooms are quite unique, which makes it nice for something different. Have a great time!

Archived