RCI policy on Sodas & Water

jalee7

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know RCI policy on carrying sodas and water on board? I remember in the past you were able to bring a certain amount of water and sodas on board. One time we were on a cruise having lunch in the Windjammer on the first day and saw a family carrying a 12 pack of Coke. My husband and I were shocked because if we knew that we would have done the same thing. Is this allowed? Let me know your thoughts.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know RCI policy on carrying sodas and water on board? I remember in the past you were able to bring a certain amount of water and sodas on board. One time we were on a cruise having lunch in the Windjammer on the first day and saw a family carrying a 12 pack of Coke. My husband and I were shocked because if we knew that we would have done the same thing. Is this allowed? Let me know your thoughts.

Technically against the rules, but rarely enforced.

The policy says 2 bottles of wine, but no other drinks. That said, if you carry water

and soft drinks onboard, they usually let you take them. One time they took part of ours,

but later we got them back. If you pack them in checked luggage, you might have to go

to the naughty room.

As many have said [in many threads] soda and water are technically not allowed, but the rule is almost always overlooked. I suspect the truth is they don't really care too much about the water and soda, but added it to the banned list in order to have a fall back if they suspected water or soda containers were being used to smuggle alcohol -- but weren't completely sure.

Archived