Family of 4 in 2 rooms

We will be traveling on Glory in September. We booked two rooms next to each other. I have read some posts where people put their teens in one room and they stayed in the other, but when we booked, I thought it stated that one adult, 25 years or older had to be in a room. Is this true? We would like to perhaps put the teens together. Another question, how do room keys work, would we be able to get an extra (third) key for each room just in case we need to get into their room or vise versa?? Thanks!

Hi...

I had a similar question back along. Carnival let us book my parents in one room and my sister and myself (21 & 18) in another. From what I read, even if you don't book it that way it is easy enough to get it changed once you're on the ship (just go to the purser's office and have the keys changed) so you can put your kids in one room together. I sail on the Glory on the 25th so I'll let you know for sure once I get back.

Brit.

We booked 5 in one cabin and 2 in another- we booked the passengers this way to get cabins side-by-side (one quad+roll away: and a double). I listed me as the adult for one cabin and my DH as the adult in the other cabin. Well it ended up that my one son did not go so we were left with 4/2. We just transfered the roll away to our double room for our 8y.o. and the teens stayed next door-we had enough room keys since my 8 y.o. would not need one. It sounds like all you would have to do is switch keys? We were on an older ship (Fascination) and the keys are plastic with holes punched through them. I am not sure about the Glory keys-if they are linked to your sail and sign card etc... As for getting an extra key for their room, I am not sure how that is done unless you would just go to the purser's desk?? When we switched my son to our room the only person that we notified was the cabin stewart. Sandy

We booked 2 cabins on the Elation 2 weeks ago. DH and I will be in one our 2 teenage boys, 14 and 15, will be in the cabin next door. We booked direct with Carnival and according to our PVP they will allow families to do this, as long as they are directly next door to each other. I was also wondering about the room key thing.

We booked 2 cabins side by side and traded keys. This way DH and I had one cabin and our teens in the other. The cabin steward knew this and was wonderful to our sons. He was rewarded very well for this also. Now mind you this was in 2003 but I do not think things have changed that much. Hope this helps.

We recently booked a Mexican Riviera cruise for June 2006 and through our Carnival PVP, we were able to book a balcony cabin for my husband and myself and an inside cabin directly across the hall for my 2 children. At the time of the cruise, they will be 13 & 9. Carnival had no probably with this as long as they were right next door or right across the hall.

Hey Gabs, we are a family of five and with exception of the Disney magic where you can get a cabin for 5 with a shoe horn ( never do that again) :) we always get two cabins. Have been next door to each other with adjoining balconies. We still go to the pursers desk and get extra keys so we can have access to both rooms. This time we booked at last minute so not even on same deck. That may be a good thing ;)

Thanks everyone. We were thinking of just swapping rooms and keys and being sneaky, but I guess we will be ok. The rooms are next to each other. The ages of our 'children' in the other room would be 20 (boy) and 14 (girl). I really was wondering about the extra keys so that I could keep a watch on my 14 yr old daughter. (I trust her, just not necessarily others). We still may change our minds and room girls together and boys together, but it would be nicer for hubby and I to share a room :o)

Also, we havent cruised since 2001 (what have we been thinking, lol!!!) At that time we squished into one cabin UGHH.. Anyway we took walkie talkies to communicate. Is this still acceptable on the ship?

Archived