AMA optional Schonbrunn Palace Tour

kcbarker

I have no idea about the AMA tour but I did want to mention that it's extremely easy to get to Schonbrunn on your own using the U-Bahn (subway) from city center. Let me know if you want more info.

I would like more information as we are hoping to go there in August and would likely try it on our own rather than with AMA. Thanks

I have "sort of" done it once, but experience of AMA with it twice. In 2008/2009, our successful trip, we had about 30 minutes outside in the grounds before we had to meet the guide again.

This year, was a much shorter inside tour, and no outside time, due to some other issues due to the flooding and change of itinerary. I didn't do Schonbrunn this time, this is feedback from fellow cruisers.

I wrote to AMA to get some pre-cruise info on Vienna, and they didn't bother to respond to me at all, so I would check with the cruise director when you board.

I would like more information as we are hoping to go there in August and would likely try it on our own rather than with AMA. Thanks

Board at Stephansplatz station in Stephansplatz Square. This will only be a short walk from the area where the shuttle buses from the river boats do their pickup/drop off. Take red U1 line one stop towards Reumannplatz. Get off at Karlsplatz and transfer to green U4 line towards Hutteldorf. Disembark at Schonbrunn station and you will be right across the street from the palace. Takes maybe 15-20 minutes as I recall.

Here is a map.

Board at Stephansplatz station in Stephansplatz Square. This will only be a short walk from the area where the shuttle buses from the river boats do their pickup/drop off. Take red U1 line one stop towards Reumannplatz. Get off at Karlsplatz and transfer to green U4 line towards Hutteldorf. Disembark at Schonbrunn station and you will be right across the street from the palace. Takes maybe 15-20 minutes as I recall.

Here is a map.

Thank you very much for that information!

Archived