Solstice to Alaska - Aft? Hump? Tunnel? Argh!

keels81

After two aborted tries, we're finally doing Alaska this July.

Currently, I have a Sunset Veranda booked on the Solstice (the one with the larger veranda on that deck - 8344), but now I'm second-guessing myself.

Based on my research, there are only three or four SV's booked for this cruise, while the selection of hump cabins and "tunnel"/angled hump cabins is dwindling.

The cost savings is minimal - max $400 total if I switch, so that's not what's really driving this whole second-guessing myself.

I've looked at the spreadsheet and there are great cabins, so I've been able to narrow it down. But which should I choose for Alaska? This will be our first time in 10 cruises that will we have a veranda, so I'm not sure what to do.

Help?!

We sailed in an aft cabin on an M class ship in late August - September

2 years ago. While the aft was nice I did not think we got our money's worth because we did not have many occasions to use the balcony. We were on deck during the glacier viewing and the weather was not conducive to using the balcony very much.

I would save the $ and book a side balcony or CC cabin.

Mary Lou

Thanks for the feedback, Mary Lou! That's exactly what I was looking for!

We're skipping out on CC and AQ, because they both were coming out at a higher cost than even the SV, so we decided we'd rather spend the $$ on excursions this time around.

We're definitely looking at CC and AQ for our Christmas cruise in the Caribbean, though!

Archived