Booking next cruise while on board

What have been your experiences booking your next cruise while on board? I know there are benefits, but I have no idea what they actually are. Does the timeframe matter? I'm sure the cabin category matters. Straightup discounts, or onboard credits?

We are in the IOS on 3/30, and if the benefits are pretty good for a future cruise, I may want to plan my next one before departure to take advantage of these benefits.

Thanks - I just scrolled down the first few pages and didn't find this. Didn't do a search :(

Here is a more detailed explanation....

When booking on board there are 2 types of bookings:

1. Booking a Future Cruise where you are picking a specific itinerary/sailing date. You get the reduced deposit of $100pp, which is refundable if you cancel prior to final payment. The only time you would not get a reduced deposit is when you book a GS cabin or higher, then a full double deposit is required. You have 60 days to transfer to a TA after initial booking.

2. Creating a NextCruise booking is where you are "not" picking a specific sailing date. With this type of booking you also get a reduced deposit of $100pp. A booking number is assigned that only becomes active once you convert to a specific itinerary/sailing date. There is no further money due at the time of conversion until final payment. However, if a GS or higher cabin category is booked at conversion then a full double deposit would be required. A NextCruise does not expire. You also can get two Certificates for Family and Friends with a NextCruise booking. You have 60 days from the date you convert your NC booking to transfer to a TA.

Both types of bookings will get you an OBC which is dependent on length of cruise

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

and Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

or the ability to apply a C&A Savings Certificate if one becomes available for your particular cruise.

The C&A Savings Certificates for Gold Members are....

For Inside Stateroom

$25 for 3-5 nights

$65 for 6-9 nights

$100 for 10-14 nights

$100 for 15+ nights

For Outside Stateroom

$50 for 3-5 nights

$125 for 6-9 nights

$200 for 10-14 nights

$200 for 15+ nights

The C&A Savings Certificates for Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and PC Members are....

For an Inside Cabin

$35 for 3-5 nights

$75 for 6-9 nights

$115 for 10-14 nights

$115 for 15+ nights

For Outside Stateroom

$75 for 3-5 nights

$150 for 6-9 nights

$225 for 10-14 nights

$225 for 15+ nights

With the above bookings you can combine OBC from Visa Points and OBC received from a TA or as a gift from family/friends with any two benefits from RCI.

Archived