Just Returned from Century Baltic Cruise - Ask me Questions

Hi all,

Have just returned from the Celebrity Century Baltics cruise (21 May - 2 June) visiting Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki, St Petersburg, Tallinn and Copenhagen so ask away for any questions you want to have answered and I will do my best.

Took organised ship excursion in St Petersburg (2 day package), rest of the cities just took Hop On Hop Off city tours or just strolled around older parts of the town (Tallinn). Combination of using ship's shuttle servie to get into cities and walking ourselves from quayside.

Will try to answer any questions on cities or about the particular cruise on Century

In Tallinn, did you go to the St. Nicholas Church/Concert Hall/Museum? What was your impression. In general, in the cities, was there a lot of construction/renovation? What did you do in Helsinki? Where were you on Sunday and what affect did it have? Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you. Marlyne

In Tallinn, did you go to the St. Nicholas Church/Concert Hall/Museum? What was your impression. In general, in the cities, was there a lot of construction/renovation? What did you do in Helsinki? Where were you on Sunday and what affect did it have? Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you. Marlyne

We did not visit any museum. There was an old church that we went into in the upper town. The name escapes me.

We were at sea one Sunday and in St Petersburg the next. Less traffic.

Helsinki, we walked around market square and Senate Square, took the ferry to the Semnolinna Island, and took the tram to the central train station and Rock Church, and completed the rest of the 1 hour tram loop.

What did you think of Suomolinna? Was it crowded? I thought it might be a pleasant place to walk along the water and have a picnic lunch. I'm not really interested in the museums just an outdoor trek. What do you think? Marlyne

Hi,

Was wondering about the formal nights on Century. How many did you have and did most of the men wear tuxes, just dark suits or even only a jacket with tie?

Did you use the casual dining? I have heard that you have to have reservations.

Finally, how did Centruy handle dining in port where the time for the early and late seatings might not work with returning tours.

Thanks.

What did you think of Suomolinna? Was it crowded? I thought it might be a pleasant place to walk along the water and have a picnic lunch. I'm not really interested in the museums just an outdoor trek. What do you think? Marlyne

We went for the ferry ride, walked around for 10 minutes and took the ferry back.

Archived