First time cruiser, a few questions...

DirtDiver

I'm a first time cruiser, very long time lurker here. I've read and read and searched and searched, and yet have so many questions. I'll keep it simple though because I'm trying to book a very last minute cruise for my family. I have an 11 year old son that's going with my wife & I, and am wondering if the Monarch of the Seas is a good cruise to take this weekend? It would work perfectly for our agenda, and the price is right. I've heard from several friends who have been on both RCI and CCL that some of the Carnival cruises are more "fun" for the kids. But the more I read here, the less I'm convinced of that.

Basically I need a cruise that runs from this Friday till Monday, and embarks from a Florida port. I'm in Atlanta so Port Canaveral is better, but I don't necessarily mind the other ports.

Help please!

I took that cruise a few years ago and have been on several carnival cruises. My kids had more fun in carnival but they were older. 16-19 .. On a carnival cruise they could run the ship all night long, on RC they had a curfew. Your son being 11 would probably not have that issue. I think it would be a great first cruise. The kids have a lot to do and the adults enjoy it too!!

I'm a first time cruiser, very long time lurker here. I've read and read and searched and searched, and yet have so many questions. I'll keep it simple though because I'm trying to book a very last minute cruise for my family. I have an 11 year old son that's going with my wife & I, and am wondering if the Monarch of the Seas is a good cruise to take this weekend? It would work perfectly for our agenda, and the price is right. I've heard from several friends who have been on both RCI and CCL that some of the Carnival cruises are more "fun" for the kids. But the more I read here, the less I'm convinced of that.

Basically I need a cruise that runs from this Friday till Monday, and embarks from a Florida port. I'm in Atlanta so Port Canaveral is better, but I don't necessarily mind the other ports.

Help please!

We've been on Monarch a number of times, and I think it would fit your requirements perfectly. We've been on with friends that have small children and they have told us the kids liked Royal's Adventure Ocean program. Don't miss the free soft-serve ice cream in Sorrento's on deck 12. You will also love Coco Cay, Royal's private island in the Bahamas.

Well, it looks like RCI's website design (or lack thereof) needs to be updated. I kept looking at the cruises, thinking there was availability, until you click on them and drill down, only to find out the cruises for this weekend are actually not available after all...thanks RCI..

Guess I have to go back to searching for something.

Well, it looks like RCI's website design (or lack thereof) needs to be updated. I kept looking at the cruises, thinking there was availability, until you click on them and drill down, only to find out the cruises for this weekend are actually not available after all...thanks RCI..

Do not rely on their web site.

It is designed and maintained by an Octogenarian with a degree in buggy building.

Call them.

I would call aaa if your a member or your local travel agent to see if anything is available or even call RCCL. Good luck!

I would call aaa if your a member or your local travel agent to see if anything is available or even call RCCL. Good luck!

Thanks, I just called RC and they said nothing is available, they also told me to try on the website...it didn't sound to me like the lady knew what she was doing at all... :rolleyes:

I would tend to believe Monarch will be hard to book as "she" is being retired and sold. All the "faithful cruisers" are booking as its getting to close to her final voyages. Just my opinion. Heard the last sailings will be $$$$$. Judy

Thanks, I just called RC and they said nothing is available, they also told me to try on the website...it didn't sound to me like the lady knew what she was doing at all... :rolleyes:

She says she thinks rccl must have just hired a bunch of new agents as she sometimes will politely say, we'll call back and call and get another agent.. That knows more.. Hopefully... So if your really want to do this cruise, I would call again

Archived