Please recommend a private tour - Tunis

annim

Hello!

I know it would seem to make more sense to post in the port forum, but it seems like no one talks about Tunisia there :) We will be there next Wednesday. I would like to go to the Medina, and then to the North African American WWII Cemetary. VERY leery about hiring a cab to do the job. Can you recommend a company to contact? Your information is very much appreciated!

When I was doing my own excursion research, someone on tripadvisor recommended Mr. Noureddine Boukari to me. Quite reasonable charge of app. US$190 for a group of 3 or US$290 for eight.

You can find him on the Tunis page of toursbylocals dot com or directly via boukari.noureddine@wanadoo.yn

I think I will use his service, but am holding out to see whether the local situation is safe to go for a tour first.

Looks like MSC Splendida will still dock at Tunis this morning though.

If you don't need any commentary, you can probably negotiate a private car for four at about €60 within the cruise terminal compound.

I have friends on this week cruise and can confirm the price with them later. Though I suspect they might rather spend the day on board :eek:

Thanks for the info - altho I'm having a hard time swallowing spending $190 (actually more since there will be 4 of us) for someone to take us shopping! Lol Can't have it all I guess :)

Hi

you could probably arrange with noureddine directly a car for about 100 €

his email is already posted in the forum but it finishes with wanadoo.tn and not YN.

you can give him a try and see his offer.

regards

Archived