Anyone joining me on the QM2 Nov 11 2006

legospice

Booked this crossing from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale yesterday and i am sooohhh excited. I will be travelling with my mother and this will be our first trip on the QM2. We sailed from New York to Southampton on the QE2 in 2001 and really enjoyed it so we are really looking forward to this trip on such a fantastic ship. Anyone else booked or considering booking?

Donna

Hi Joyce,

That sounds like a fantastic idea, you and Fred coming on the QM2, i really hope you can talk him round. We will be spending 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale afterwards then going to Miami to (hopefully) get on the Majesty of the Seas for a 4 night Bahamas cruise, then a night in Miami before we fly home. Still trying to get the price down for the Majesty cruise, its cheap enough at the moment but i allways like to get the lowest price, but as it is at thanksgiving im not holding out hope of a huge discount, but every little helps.

I am so looking forward to the QM2, i love the QE2 so it can only be bigger and better. I wish it was next year!!

Donna

Hi Donna,

I am considering this cruise. Interested if you booked direct with Cunard- I want to sail over and spend a few nights in Fort Lauderdale but one TA said that Cunard had booked a charter flight back to the UK and that therefore we could not extend the stay- which seems a shame- i am trying other TA's and will let you know whether I book!

Hi Bonni99,

Thats weird about them saying about a charter flight, i called Cunard to ask how much it would cost to change the flight and they said no charge you can have it anytime you want. I was going to book direct but a TA came up with a better offer and onboard credit, so i went with them and told them i wanted the flight back for the following saturday. If you need any details let me know.

Donna

bonni99- just spoke to Cunard to check on the charter flight thing and they told me that they have charters for the south american cruises but not for the transatlantic as far as they know. It is on my reservation for the flights back on the 25th but she said the flights wont actually get booked until 11 months out, but she cant forsee any problems. Try a different TA and see what they say, but i wouldn't leave it too long as she says its filling up fast.

Donna

Hi Joyce,

I will be booking the Majesty of the seas for the November 20th 2006 sailing out of Miami, a 4 night Bahamas trip stopping at Coco Cay, Nassau and Key West. Ive never been to the Bahamas so i thought it would be the ideal opportunity seen as i was in Florida anyway, and the times in port are good also.

Pour Fred a couple of apple martinis and talk him round.

Donna

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We had a great time on the Jewel of the Sea and we are getting ready for two more cruises the next one is in a few weeks on the Mercury. Then we will go to Germany and do a Christmas Market cruise of the Danube. Take care and say hi to your Mom for me and also I would love to hear about your last cruise I hope you had fun. Happy Sailing, Joy

Hi Davyjones,

Not sure about the day trips, we have our flight back arranged for a week later so we are spending a couple of days in FT Lauderdale and are going to do an everglades tour then. Still looking at several websites about the tour.

Have you booked this crossing?

Donna

• 2 months later...

Yes we booked this crossing on board qm2 on the last transatlantic crossing in november last year. We stayed overnight in southampton at the De Vere grand harbour and got upgraded to a suite it was a great start to the holiday. we then had 6 fantastic nights on board qm2, then 3 nights at the waldorf astoria in new york. we flew back british airways club class.

So this november we have the 7 night crossing to fort lauderdale then we stay on for the 14 night carribean adventure. cant wait !!!!!!!!!.

Hi Solboys,

Glad you enjoyed it so much you are coming back for more. A guy i know from work was on the Nov 20th crossing as well and the Waldorf, he really enjoyed it even though he didnt want to go, the wife forced him into it and he said it was the best holiday he ever had.

We are flying down from Scotland but are still trying to decide on the day before or on the day we sail, we are spending a couple of days in Ft Lauderdale then a 4 night bahamas cruise before we fly back, we wanted to stay on the QM2 for another week but Cunard UK said it had to be 2 weeks as the 1 week was only an option for Cunard US customers, go figure.

We are off to the caribbean in 3 weeks on P&O, so at least i have something to keep me going until the QM2.

Off to work now, speak to you soon

Donna

Hi Donna

We also only wanted to do the 7 day Carribbean but were told it was not possible so gave in and booked the full 2 weeks. Our friends that travelled with us in November are trying to book the 25 Nov 7 day cruise by booking their own flights and using the American travel agents on this website. Give it a try, you could delay your return flight from your Transatlantic crossing and book the 7 day Carribbean that way.

Mark & Steve

Archived