Stateroom aficionados will you help please

wallypbear

I am booking an aft balcony on the Victory and would like to know which room/balcony is better. The choices are 7426, 7428,7429,7431. Looking at a photo I think 7428 balcony looks bigger. Also some have a solid divider and some are opaque. Some have little metal strip extensions. So which is more private. Also inside the room are these aft balcony staterooms smaller/ shorter/narrower/ have less furnishings than port or starboard. I know there are some cruise critic Carnival aficionados out there that know every slight little difference and quirk when it comes to staterooms. Thank you so much for any information you can offer.:)

Looking at the deck plan on Carnival's site all of these balconies look identical to me. I have stayed twice in the aft wrap on deck 7 on the Triumph (#7425), which is the same floor plan as this. That was great because we had a balcony on the side as well. As far as privacy, the guys right next to us on the aft side (#7427) could peek around the partition to look at us, and I swear they climbed over and stole one of our deck chairs one day and we had to get the steward to get us another one. Also, folks on the decks above can look down on you, but not on the side balcony. So I would say there is not much privacy on the balconies of the cabins you're looking at, but they are definitely roomier than a side balcony cabin and the view of the wake is really nice. Beware of pesty kids throwing stuff down onto your balcony from the Lido deck. We had soft serve ice cream cones thrown onto our balcony on one trip.

Archived