1st Carnival Cruise on the Sensation-Questions?

Kidatheart

Hello everyone,

We are going on our 1st Carnival Cruise on the Sensation in the summer. I have a few questions if you could help please.

1-What is the limit of water bottles and soda we can bring on board?

2-I know there is a drink card but during dinner are sodas included? I read somewhere that kids under 12 could get a free soda?

3-We are not big drinkers of soda but being on vacation do like to have some. IF we don't get a soda card, how much is one soda?

4-I heard there is an elegant night. We are on a 4 day Bahamas cruise. Which day would elegant night be and what do people wear?

5-Lastly, has anyone stayed on the Empress Deck? If so, any positive or negative feedback?

I think that's it for now..Thanks in advance!!:)

We were on the Feb 3 sailing of the Sensation; also a 4 day to the Bahamas. We were also on the Empress deck believe it or not. lol

Empress deck is where Guest Services are located. The hallways run all the way front to back and you can get to all elevators from that deck. Personal opinion is that it makes the ship a bit easier to navigate.

Standard limits of beverages that you can bring on board are a 12pack per person whether it is soda or water. Sodas are $1.95 per can in the room, can't say for sure they are the same at the bar but I would bet they are. If you're a big soda drinker I'd get the card. Only tea, tap water and coffee are included at dinner, sodas are extra for adults and probably kids too.

Elegant night was on the first full day which happened to be our Freeport port day. The people at the first photo stop (embarkation photo) were making a point of telling everyone as we boarded. Most were wearing cocktail dresses with some long gowns and men in slacks and dress shirt, a few suites, didn't see any tuxes.

(1) You can carry on up to 12 non-alcoholic beverages per person, with a 20 ounce limit on each can/bottle. It does not have to be in a "pack". It can be 12 different flavors of various sizes (20 ounces or less), all loose within your carry-on. They must be carried on. Bottled water is included in the limit of 12, but the ship's water is fine to drink.

(2) No free soda at dinner for anyone. It would be terribly unfair for kids to get free soda when there are plenty of adults who love soda too.

(3) One soda is around $2.10 after the automatic tip is added. Same price at bars as the ones in the room. It will come in a lukewarm can, along with a cup of ice, and only Coke products. For adults, 3 a day or less, don't get the soda card. For kids, 2 a day or less, don't get the card. I combine carry-ons with the occasional purchase.

(4) Elegant night will most likely be night 2.

(5) Empress is good in most spots. There are some rooms under the galley. If you are there, you may want to just prepare yourself for some noise from above. Other than that, it's quick and convenient to all the action (day & night) for the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived