ESPN on Star? 11/1/05 Mexican Riviera

COASTERBOB

This may sound like a strange question, but do you get ESPN on your TV on the STAR, as it cruises the Mexican Riviera? Explanation: I am on the 11/1/2005 cruise, and I am a HUGE Phila. Eagles (NFL) football fan. They play on Sunday night, 11/6 and the game is on ESPN. Will I be able to see it? How about in the Red Lion Pub? GO EAGLES!!! Thanks, Bob

and not a strange question at all. We were on the ship during the NCAA tourney and dying to see some of the games. We couldn't always get all of the games, but ESPN was always available. I was thrilled to see my team make it to the Sweet 16 in the Red Lion Pub. ( As a side note, there was a big group of Arizona fans also, and even though they weren't able to get their game on tv, everyone tried really hard to see if it would be available for them. The crew was very understanding about obsessive sports fans).

;) Oh good heavens, set your Tivo! You're on vacation. I know, that is some peoples' idea of a vacation, cruising while watching football. Just make sure you treat your wife to a massage or manicure at that time. You think I'll be missing Survivor on my 1/4/06 sailing? Oh no! I didn't think about that! ;)

Tivo? no way! Actually the game will start 5:30PM Pacific time, when my wife will be relaxing (massage, SPA), before dinner. We'll have dinner reservations at LeBistro for 9:00PM, and celebrate the Eagle's victory!

PS: she is also a BIG Eagles fan.....

Only true sports fans can understand....I had a great cruise and many highlights, but one of them was watching the game live in the Red Lion and talking about it with a bunch of other fans. Remember...different strokes for different folks!! ( Back in the day before computers, I would rack up huge phone bills by making phone calls overseas and listening to the last couple of minutes on the radio of important ball games)

LOL! I knew I was opening up a can or worms by just suggesting it ;) I grew up in a house with a baseball fanatic, became an obsession and he owned a memorabilia store. I swore I would never marry a jock and I did. My dh is the same way about football, soccer, tennis, and golf. And now my son is getting to be worse than Dad. That would be a hoot, Dad and the boys up in the Red Lion watching a football game eatting fish and ships! I'll have to check it out when it gets closer.

Sorry to insult with the Tivo comment;)

Jenne(the Prima Ballerina)

Archived