Quick question about Carlisle Beach

kelbre

Someone had recommended this beach as a beach that is close to the port. Sounds like something we'd possibly like to check out. Has anyone been there before?? Curious about cost of cab ride there and whether there are any amenities or change rooms etc there?? I'd like forus to do something while in Barbados but don't want to make a lot of plans, just something to do do for a while.

Carlisle Bay is about a mile long and catching a cab there should run you about $10. The driver will likely ask you where exactly you want to be dropped off... There are several beach bars with amenities, including The Boatyard, Harbour Lights and Lobster Alive. The Hilton is at the south end of Carlisle Bay.

There is a lot of information about Carlisle Bay on this forum.

Cheers, P:)

Someone had recommended this beach as a beach that is close to the port. Sounds like something we'd possibly like to check out. Has anyone been there before?? Curious about cost of cab ride there and whether there are any amenities or change rooms etc there?? I'd like forus to do something while in Barbados but don't want to make a lot of plans, just something to do do for a while.

You can also walk there very easily. It is about a 20 minute walk. Exit the enclosed port area (lots of shops in the port), the water will be on your left, a few buildings on your right. Follow the sidewalk on either side of the road and keep the water on your right side. You will cross a very picturesque marina bridge area. Continue walking until you come to the Boatyard (Carlisle Bay). Our favorite place is Lobster Alive right next door to the Boatyard.

2 Lounges & 1 big umbrella is usually about $15 total. Good rum punch. You can book a glass-water tour out to swim with the turtles for about $20 pp. (MUCH less than the ship tour!).

Sunny, one of the beach vendors, sells inexpensive and very nice jewelry. What I like best about buying from him is that all his earrings are fastened to a great little pen & ink sketch that he draws himself.

Have a great time on Barbados (one of my very favorite ports!)

Molly

Just re-read your post. Yes, if renting chairs or eating at both The Boatyard and at Lobster Alive there are bathrooms where you can change. (The boatyard charges an entry fee but it probably includes your chair, some water toys like a rope swing into the water and a climbing rthingy in the water. May also include a drink -- not sure.

Molly

Archived