Is there a cemetery in Falmouth close to the port?

CruzieSue

I know, I know, crazy question :rolleyes: Brother-in-law is going on cruise with us this year and he is fascinated with old cemeteries wherever he goes. Loves finding unique and beautiful statutes (angels), headstones, etc. to photograph in artistic ways. We know there is one near the downtown area of San Miguel (Cozumel) and of course, Cemetery Beach has a cemetery on Grand Cayman Island, but have not been able to find one in Falmouth. Any info will be appreciated. :o

• 3 weeks later...
There is a very old cemetery right by the entrance to St Peter's Church in Falmouth. It only took us about 5-10 minutes to get there by motor coach, so even if you walk, it shouldn't be very far.

Thanks for your reply !! We leave in 5 days :D

When you get off the ship there will be a Trolley Tour leaving from the main Square (inside the Terminal Shopping area) For $20 it will take you on a tour of Falmouth with 1 stop at an old church 200 years with a graveyard all around it. You can walk around and have about 15 minutes there. It was a great and safe way to see Falmouth without being hassled.

Enjoy your visit!

I know, I know, crazy question :rolleyes: Brother-in-law is going on cruise with us this year and he is fascinated with old cemeteries wherever he goes. Loves finding unique and beautiful statutes (angels), headstones, etc. to photograph in artistic ways. We know there is one near the downtown area of San Miguel (Cozumel) and of course, Cemetery Beach has a cemetery on Grand Cayman Island, but have not been able to find one in Falmouth. Any info will be appreciated. :o

Off topic - but - your brother in law needs to go to Savannah, GA, and visit the Bonaventure Cemetery - I wasn't "into" cemeteries, until I visited that one!! Sorry, can't help with the Jamaica cemetery question though!

Archived