Best (Cheap) Souvenir Shopping in Nassau?

rykaydad

We will be cruising on Oasis this summer, primarily for the ship since we have already been to the ports courtesy of Freedom of the Seas. Our plan for Nassau is to just shop for 1-2 hours after breakfast, then have lunch on board at Johnny Rockets. Do any of you have suggestions for souvenir shopping in Nassau, primarily for a teenage girl?

Straw market teen girl heaven! Beach towels / flip flops / cheap cool jewelry

you can haggle them down if you think you want to pay less-- they almost expect you to in the straw market

I'm not talking about the building of stores you are thrown into when you get off the ship -- go out of there and I think walk a few blocks down to the right

Many stalls have same thing - different prices -- our strategy was to walk down the whole thing - look at things I wanted, kept a mental list

then go and walk back thru all the stalls/shops and find the best price! Beyond that are the HIGH END Diamond stores etc.

Have Fun!

We will be cruising on Oasis this summer, primarily for the ship since we have already been to the ports courtesy of Freedom of the Seas. Our plan for Nassau is to just shop for 1-2 hours after breakfast, then have lunch on board at Johnny Rockets. Do any of you have suggestions for souvenir shopping in Nassau, primarily for a teenage girl?

there are many shops for souveniers, including the straw market, bahama bay, Island shops, pirahna joe, and del sol.

On weekends, you'll also from the craft vendors on Bay Street selling local crafts, batik, shell and sea glass jewelry, candals and photographs.

There's no shortage of things for teeneage girls.

Is the straw market big enough to get a scooter thru for shopping? Also I think I seen a rum cake market near the port, is it in walking distance too and do they sell just cakes or cakes and rum also.

Is the straw market big enough to get a scooter thru for shopping? Also I think I seen a rum cake market near the port, is it in walking distance too and do they sell just cakes or cakes and rum also.

Are the aisles wide enough.. yes, the main aisles are.. but they are also packed with people.. so you would be constantly asking people to move so you could inch your way thru.. don't think it would be a pleasant experience for anyone involved.

As for rum cake.. torguga is next to Burger kink on Fredericks st.. and nearly every liguor store sells rum cakes..and they are everywhere.. can't miss them.

• 1 month later...

thanx for starting this thread - I am also interested in finding out where to shop - we have been to the straw market and it's great - anywhere else?

I found your post on the Allure/Oasis thread and you commented on the Kamusta thing!!ha!ha! Yes, I am a Kamusta gal too -

We were on the Allure last Dec on a B2B- and will be going on the Oasis next spring so it'll be a wait for me - however, we will be going to Nassau and want to shop a little bit -

Carol

Archived