Richmond lunch post-cruise

emeltee

I am in the process of figuring out my post-cruise plans. There are 6 others in my group. All the adults have been to Vancouver, but not all have been to Richmond. I'm interested in taking my parents there for lunch; what's the best way to get to Richmond after a cruise?

Also, we're torn between flying out the day of or staying overnight. If we wanted to do dim sum in Richmond and fly out the same day, what's the best way to do this?

If we decide to stay overnight, should we rent a car?

If we do lunch in Richmond, what time would we be done so that we could plan another activity for the evening (if we're staying overnight.)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I am in the process of figuring out my post-cruise plans. There are 6 others in my group. All the adults have been to Vancouver, but not all have been to Richmond. I'm interested in taking my parents there for lunch; what's the best way to get to Richmond after a cruise?

Also, we're torn between flying out the day of or staying overnight. If we wanted to do dim sum in Richmond and fly out the same day, what's the best way to do this?

If we decide to stay overnight, should we rent a car?

If we do lunch in Richmond, what time would we be done so that we could plan another activity for the evening (if we're staying overnight.)

Thanks!

Hi! I live in Richmond. Hopefully I can help you answer some of your questions. There are various ways to get to Richmond from the cruise ship terminal. Taxis are always available at the terminal. I don't know how much it costs. You can also take public transit via Skytrain. It will take you right to downtown Richmond in like 25 mins. From Richmond, there is also a connection to the airport so it's pretty easy. I guess it depends on how much luggage you guys have and how much walking around you are interested in doing.

If you want to do dimsum and then fly out, you can easily do it taking Skytrain or taxi. If you took a taxi, you would probably need to call or get the restaurant to call you one when you leave the restaurant to get to the airport if you leave as they aren't regularly driving around town. Taxi to the airport would take about 10-15 mins so it's really close.

Richmond isn't massively big, I would say other activities wouldn't be all that far from downtown Richmond, say 15-20 on a reasonable day. What month are you going? There's a lovely area in Richmond called Steveston that I would recommend visiting. It used to be an old fishing village and it's quite a charming place by the water. Lots to see, do, eat while walking around the area and various attractions such museums and parks. (A lot of the museums have to do with the history of the fishing village).

You are also welcome to rent a car and drive around. The main streets are grid system. Fair warning though, some people even from Vancouver have said they always get lost in Richmond :eek: but I really don't get that! :rolleyes:

There are a lot of hotels in downtown Richmond, with easy walking access to public transit to get to various destinations and it's an easy one bus to Steveston if you want to go there.

I hope this helps. :)

Archived