What do you do with your stuff on shore excursions?

towel-animal

I posted this on the ports board, but I'm not really getting responses. Basically, I'll be cruising for the first time on the Epic in 2 weeks, and the shore excursions i'm doing are:

• St. Thomas: Parasailing & Screamin' Eagle Jet Boat (These are nearly back-to-back)
  • St. Martin: Sea Trek Helmet Dive
  • Nassau: Atlantis Waterpark

I just realized I have no clue what to to bring with me, and how to keep my stuff safe/dry. I know for Atlantis, I can keep my stuff in a locker, but I'm concerned about the others, mainly because they are water excursions and I know I'll get soaked.

Do people usually bring a change of clothes to wear after your excursion is over? If I bring like a messenger bag with me, do they offer a safe place to put your bags while you're out in the water? Or do most people just keep their money in their pocket?

Also, what kind of shoes should I wear for these? Or for scuba diving and parasailing, do they make you take your shoes off anyway?

Sorry for the mouthful! I appreciate your help CC.

Sounds like some great excursions! I always pack a bag when I go on shore excursions...camera, $$, snacks etc. if I do a water based activity, I bring a change of clothes. If a place has lockers, use those. When I have done water based activities ( boats, snorkel etc) I leave my belongings on the little boat, as does most everyone. I have never had anyone bother my stuff. You could get a waterproof container to put your $$$, card etc. in if it makes you feel better! Have fun!

No one else is on the boat other than the crew and other people from your ship. Also, when you snuba, you walk out to a structure built over the water. No one else is there except people who work there. Your things will be perfectly safe. Not to worry.

Sounds like some great excursions! I always pack a bag when I go on shore excursions...camera, $$, snacks etc. if I do a water based activity, I bring a change of clothes. If a place has lockers, use those. When I have done water based activities ( boats, snorkel etc) I leave my belongings on the little boat, as does most everyone. I have never had anyone bother my stuff. You could get a waterproof container to put your $$$, card etc. in if it makes you feel better! Have fun!

That's the way that I do it also.

Archived