Conquest with young children

MrsElizabeth

We're talking about doing a family cruise this coming December. Our son will be 18 months, and our nephews will be 4, 5, and 6. It will be a first cruise for everyone except my husband and myself. We're looking at the Carnival Conquest for a Western Caribbean cruise.

Can you share your experiences on cruising with children at that age? I'm trying to sell the idea to my family as well as know what to expect for myself. What is there to do for my nephews besides be dropped off at Camp Carnival? What activities were you able to do as a family while in port? Did you feel like your children enjoyed themselves on the trip?

We did the Conquest last March with a 5 yr old, and 2- 7 yr olds. They had a great time. We did another cruise in Jan with them and are booked next Jan. too. The Conquest has a large Camp Carnival facility and staff. You'll love the trip. In Grand Cayman we went to Doctors Beach just by a cab after taking a cab tour of the island, the dolphin facility and the area with black lava stone. It was great. You can book the turtle tour with CCL that is good too for kids. in Cozumel we went to the Mexican museum-viva mexico on a CCL tour. It was fun.

Just got off Conquest this past Sunday with our 3 year old. Didn't use camp carnival but heard great reviews from other parents onboard. Sadly, there is no splash area or even a kiddie pool on board. They did have a small play area with small swings and playhouses, just no water. She did very much enjoy the music shows and dancing nightly in the promenade area.

Archived