Romantic Galveston B&B

kyriecat

If anyone is looking for a nice, romantic bed and breakfast in Galveston, I recommend the Mermaid and Dolphin. My husband and I spent a couple days there over the weekend just to get away from Houston and it was wonderful.

We stayed in the garden suite so we were outside the main house. We had our own private 8 person jacuzzi tub (rooms in the house have 2 person jacuzzis). It was pricey (a little under $300/night w/tax) but very romantic. Some of the other rooms are a little less but still around $200/night w/taxes.

There was a good variety for breakfast (eggs, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns, quiche, fruit, cereal, breads). I think they offer free parking for cruisers.

The rooms are set-up for couples only, no children so this isn't a family friendly place. It is great for honeymooners and couples getting some alone time. I thought it was a great find so I thought I would pass the info along.

Archived