Drink Question

cfuller510

Five years ago, my DH and I went on our first cruise to the Bahamas. On that cruise we attended the Shopping Seminar on shopping at the ports. We decided to go ahead and purchase the book along with the coupons. One of the coupons was buy one get one free for the drink of the day. I was wondering if they still do that? I also wonder if they still do buy one get one drink of the day during the shows at night?

I am asking because we are considering the premium drink package but not sure if we want to pay for it. If they still do the buy one get one, that is more worth it to us since we are not overly heavy drinkers. With the buy one get one coupon and offer during the shows we didn't spend a ton on drinks.

We are sailing on the Jewel of the Seas in May.

They don't offer specials during shows that I am aware of. Can't comment on shopping seminars because they aren't worth it, IMHO because they are biased towards the stores that give kickbacks to RC.

So some more useful information: If you joined Crown and Anchor on your previous cruise, you will get some discount drink coupons for onboard. So maybe that will help.

As for the alcohol package, just do the math. Say drinks cost about an average of $8 when you include tip. The alcohol package is $55/day per person. So you would have to have 55/8=6.875 or roughly seven drinks each a day for it to pay off.

Five years ago, my DH and I went on our first cruise to the Bahamas. On that cruise we attended the Shopping Seminar on shopping at the ports. We decided to go ahead and purchase the book along with the coupons. One of the coupons was buy one get one free for the drink of the day. I was wondering if they still do that? I also wonder if they still do buy one get one drink of the day during the shows at night?

I am asking because we are considering the premium drink package but not sure if we want to pay for it. If they still do the buy one get one, that is more worth it to us since we are not overly heavy drinkers. With the buy one get one coupon and offer during the shows we didn't spend a ton on drinks.

We are sailing on the Jewel of the Seas in May.

Looking for freebies hang around for the Art Auction for some bubbly. Drink package is not worth it if you only have two or three drinks per day.

Archived