Low vision

jajo

I have taken my Mother in law who has macular degeneration on two cruises. I make sure to contact the Special Needs department in advance and ask for large print menus and cruise compasses. Both times I have still had to deal with guest services to get her what she needs. She only needs the schedule part of the daily cruise compass, and they have no problem printing that for her. The daily menus are more of a challenge. Last month on Freedom of the Seas they had a difficult time getting the font large enough, I think because they kept trying to print it on the fancy paper they used for the regular menus. So make sure to tell them you want it printed on WHITE large size paper in a huge font.

For shows, I just made sure that I went as soon as the theater opened and grabbed two front row seats so that she would be able to see. The cruise line would not reserve these seats for us, which frankly I did not understand.

Archived