Anyone use allcheapfares.com for their airfare?

Tracey and Bryan

Taxes, fees, and misc.

To the OP, another company trying to make a few bucks. No one I deal with on a daily basis has ever heard of this company. And my company books a lot (well over $100,000) of air travel per year, so you would think someone would have heard of them. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=179001&page=2

This company could or could not be like the other thread about cheapfares.com or some company like that. That was a rip. Watch your money. Lots of vultures coming out of the woodwork, looking for gullible people.

For my hard earned money, I will stay with the tried and true-Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and the airlines own web sites. At least I know what I am getting. And with Travelocity, I know I will be protected. Thanks, Travelocity for my $51.25 trip to Fiji!!! last week.

For the poster in Arizona, I am 100 miles from you, on the other side of Phoenix. If you need some help, feel free to email. greatam@earthlink.net

I found the ad for allcheapfares.com on the yahoo farechaser website.

I checked with the BBB and also the ripoffreports website and didn't see anything negative. I also checked on the travel agent associated with the website and he had only 1 complaint that really seemed to be a ligamite mistake.

After seeing this, I did go ahead and make the reservation, but never got a confirmation or reciept. I did get an order number with the total on it though.

I emailed the travel agency and I called and left them a message. I haven't heard back from them yet. I checked my Credit Card account and it has not been charged. I also contacted the airline and they do not show me as being ticketed yet.

The Continental Airlines reservations agent advised me that they are having some computer glitches due to the bad storms in some parts of the country. He said that normally reservations show up immediately but that today they were having some problems. I guess I will wait until tomorrow and if I don't get results, I will call my Credit Card company and have them refuse the charge if it shows up.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I had already did the transaction when I checked the board again for replies. I will let everyone know how it turns out. Cross your fingers! Please!

Arizona poster, what in what city do you live? I ask because we just got back from a cruise on the Vision of the Seas and met other folks from AZ. We all had driven from PHX and could have possibly car pooled to L.A. to get on the ship had we knew each other earlier. Our next cruise is out of Miami, so we'll be flying to Fla, but we will probably be cruising out od L.A. again in Janurary or Feburary. How often do you cruise?

Tracey

Arizona poster, what in what city do you live? I ask because we just got back from a cruise on the Vision of the Seas and met other folks from AZ. We all had driven from PHX and could have possibly car pooled to L.A. to get on the ship had we knew each other earlier. Our next cruise is out of Miami, so we'll be flying to Fla, but we will probably be cruising out od L.A. again in Janurary or Feburary. How often do you cruise?

Tracey

Harquahala, 70 miles from Blythe. We cruise at least twice a year. We frequently drive to LA to get on a plane. It is over 100 miles to Sky Harbor and and I can usually get better flights out of LAX than Phoenix, especially if I am flying for business.

Here's an update for you...I talked to the travel agent today and was advised that the reservation never got ticketed due to the consolidater running out of the seats for that low price.

The agent was very nice and the company seems to be on the up and up. I wish I could have gotten the great deal though. It was RT PHX to FLL in October for $1549 for 6 passengers.

Oh well, I'll keep trying other websites. I found some good deals out of Las Vegas, but that's a 6 hour drive. Thanks again everyone for trying to help. I'm just glad I didn't get taken for a bad ride. :)

AZ poster, I'll have to keep an eye out for your user name on future postings for the next time we cruise out of L.A. Maybe we could share the drive. We usually stop in Blythe for a bite to eat and gas on our way to L.A. anyway.

Tracey

Archived