Grand Princess Questions

Grungycat

We have cabin B733 on the baja deck: how big is the deck? is it big enough for 2 lounge chairs and table and chairs? Can people above you look down on the deck? What are mixed drink prices? Any information about this ship would be greatful. I have never sailed with Princess before. Thanks

We sailed on the 3-5-05 cruise and were on the Caribe deck, the Baja deck could look down on 1/2 of the Caribe balconey. Do not know if the folks above the Baja could look down on them.

Drinks varied from 3.90 to around 6.00, depending on size and type of drink. The wine selection was somewhat lacking so we took our own wine.

The food was good, Sabatini's is a must, the entertainment was very good. There are plenty of nice bars for drinks and dancing. The daytime activities will keep you busy. There is an adult pool and hot tubs on the stern that are usually empty during early afternoon.

Afternoon tea was delightful, my wife begged me to go with her so I went and enjoyed myself. Wine tasting was ok, the upscale tasting was best.

The crew and service staff are very helpful and friendly.

If you are embarking from Galveston, "no worries", getting to the terminal is easy and getting on the ship is a snap. Now there are some issues with pax and traffic when disembarking so be prepared not to get in a hurry.

We were on the Grand Princess about 4 years ago, so some of my information will be somewhat dated. However, you will love the ship. It's enormous, with lots to do all day long, but you won't feel crowded. Entertainment and service are very good. Meals in the dining room are always something to look forward to. A lot of people don't bother with lunch in the dining room, because it may interrupt other things you may be doing, but you should give it a try at least once. There's less of a crowd, so the service is great and you'll get a really nice meal. Casual eating is good as well, especially pizza and burgers and hot dogs from the grill on deck. Buffet food is not as good, but it's better than buffets on other ships. We've been on three Princess ships (GRand, Golden and Sun Princess) and we were delighted with all three. Our favorite spot on the ship was the area around and above the aft pool, which is reserved for adults. After dinner it's practically deserted, a great place to sit and relax wtih friends and a bottle of wine and watch the waves go by.

I assume you're asking about a balcony cabin, which we've never tried. Most balconies are about 4 by 10 feet, just big enough for a table and two chairs. I don't think the balconies come with lounge chairs, but your cabin steward may be able to get one for you. The balconies are stacked one above the other, so you shouldn't have anyone staring down on you, but I suppose it would be possible for someone to lean over the side and see part of your balcony.

Drink prices run from $4 to $6 and maybe a little higher for exotic drinks, about what you'd expect to pay for the same drink in an ordinary bar or restaurant on land. Fifteen percent gratuity is automatically added to all drink orders. There's usually a special price for the "drink of the day," like a Bloody Mary or Mai Tai, about $3.

Archived