charleston

uglme

Which of the mansions are really worth touring? Which of the plantations does anybody recommend? I have the visitor's guide book but am so confused as to really how to spend our one day. DH, I am sure, will visit Ft. Sumter but I am a Gone with the Wind type gal. What about their Cypress Gardens? One day and so much to see! Any opinions???

I LOVE Charleston............I HIGHLY recommend Magnolia Plantation. Middleton Place is very close as well as Drayton Hall they are all right there together nearby............I love Magnolia Plantation the best.

Try http://www.magnoliaplantation.com

I was married there and it is just gorgeous. I was married outside the Carriage House on the riverbank, with reception inside.

The swamp is amazing, the scenery is just beautiful and there is a lot to do there. Check it out.

Thank you so much Punkie Paws. There seems so much to see in Charleston. I probably could spend a week there. It all seems so interesting.Thanks again for narrowing it down for me. How many hours do you think we should allow for it (with no children)?Do you think we will have time to visit Ft.Sumter as well or should the guys do their site seeing separately? If we go separately will we have time for the Charleston walking tour? Thanks again.

It must have been one Awesome wedding.

Archived