Cruise Directors

Tink78

Please excuse my ignorance but from a thread im reading on here a 'cruise director' is of some importance? im guessing along with the captain he can really make or break a cruise?

Becky

Please excuse my ignorance but from a thread im reading on here a 'cruise director' is of some importance? im guessing along with the captain he can really make or break a cruise?

Becky

I think it's too strong to say a CD can make or break a cruise. However, CD's each have their own style, and some cruisers prefer certain CD's, so it's yet another point of interest to discuss on CC.

Oh my!! feeling overwhelmed! so much new information to take on every day. I bet us first time cruisers stand out like a sore thumb on board!!!

Becky

Everyone was a first time cruiser once.:)

Oh my!! feeling overwhelmed! so much new information to take on every day. I bet us first time cruisers stand out like a sore thumb on board!!!

Becky

You don't stand out like a sore thumb at all. Cruising is a different type of vacation from most others. We all started out new at one time and this is a great place for new cruisers to gain some information from our experience. And even those who have been cruising for awhile can still learn from others on these boards.

Cruise directors are the leaders of the activities staff. Some CDs are very peppy, very visible, and it will seem like you see them everywhere around the ship. Others are more laid back, and you won't feel like you are constantly seeing/hearing them everywhere. Some people prefer the first type, some the second.

There are advantages to both so don't worry bout which type you'll get. You will have a great time either way.:)

And don't worry about asking questions. I still have them.

Archived