75,000 people this weekend in Port of Miami - Traffic Alert

cmoglesby

Looks like this weekend will be lots of fun getting to the cruise terminal in Miami. I planned on arriving around noon, but this is making me re-consider.

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/ultra-music-festival.asp

Anyone have prior experience with this festival or drop anyone off this past weekend?

It was this same way this past weekend. it's a very busy weekend in Miami with both the Ultra music festival and the sony classic going on. Traffic in that area was at a stand still and anyone else around it.

Unfortunately the Ultra music festival takes place at Bayfront Park and Bayside and it's crazy beyond belief.

leave yourself plenty of time, lots of it as it will take forever to get to the port. The music starts at 12 noon and lasts until 11 PM, however the crowds will start coming long before. If it was me, I would shoot to be there around 10:30 am if possible. Sitting at the port may not be that much fun but sitting in traffic is worse in my opinion.

And of course, just got this email...

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL GLORY

MARCH 24, 2013

March 18, 2013

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Glory. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

To ensure a smooth embarkation experience, check-in for your cruise is scheduled from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. For your comfort and convenience, and since seating is limited in the cruise terminal, we ask that you please not arrive before 1:00 PM.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services"

I usually just get there, never really pay attention to the clock. This should be interesting.

And of course, just got this email...

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL GLORY

MARCH 24, 2013

March 18, 2013

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Glory. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

To ensure a smooth embarkation experience, check-in for your cruise is scheduled from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. For your comfort and convenience, and since seating is limited in the cruise terminal, we ask that you please not arrive before 1:00 PM.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services"

I usually just get there, never really pay attention to the clock. This should be interesting.

Don't worry about what this letter states. CCL is just trying to spread out embarkation. Get there whatever time you want. Based on traffic, the earlier, the better.

They are streaming it live on Youtube if you want to know that the fuzz is about.

When i got on the stream Umek was on and now its Adam Beyer. :D

Just my kind of festival but not ideal if its located close to a cruise port i can imagine.

The traffic in Roskilde, Denmark is also gridlocked when 130.000 guests are added to the existing 55.000 inhabitans during Roskilde Festival.

http://www.youtube.com/user/UMFTV

Archived