New NCL kids programs were a hit with my 2 youngest

dijid

What a difference 2 years make. Went on the Norwegian Jade 2 years ago and my kids weren't thrilled with the kids program. There was too much "Freestyle Free Play" - which was often just coloring - and not enough organized activities to get them interested - especially on the 12 night sailing we did.

Just got back from another trip on the Jade. This time it was only 10 nights, but had 3.5 days at sea. Had one kid in the 10-12 age group and one in the 6-9, and both of them really liked it. The older one really felt like having different themes (with decorations for them) made it seem like they cared more. Both kids also loved the circus theme, which gave all the "Freestyle Free Play" time some direction and got them looking forward to the circus performance on our last day at sea. And I must say that the circus show was really well done. The kids don't really learn spectacular skills in a short time, but they kept the show moving and it was entertaining. The 3-5 year old kids really had us laughing. I was also pleasantly surprised how many people were in attendance at the show. Definitely more than just the parents of the kids participating.

The teen program was a bust for my oldest child unfortunately. For reasons we'll never understand, after the first night, she was the only girl who ever showed up. The boys were kind enough to her, but she was not going to be part of their group. Plus, we had set up rules ahead of time that she was only allowed to leave the kids club and go elsewhere if there was another girl with her. She actually ended up wanting a parent to take her and pick her up from the club, which surprised us because she's pretty independent. She did really enjoy the murder mystery dinner, though. Fortunately for her, they pulled in two other female employees to participate that day.

Great to hear. We are on the Dawn this Sunday and have one in the 3-5 age group and another in the 6-9! Im hoping they will enjoy the new program. We sailed The Epic last year and my oldest loved it but no so much my youngest. he didnt like all the "free time" either.

We just got off the Dawn on Sunday and my 7 year old absolutely loved the kids club. When we asked him what his favorite part of the cruise was he replied, the kids club and the T-Rex pool.

Now he wants to know when we will be going back......

Archived