Dublin & Edinburgh Shuttles Into Town

Chesie

I have searched and found some info on shuttles at the dock for both cities. We are on Princess and need transportation into town center and would like to know if there are shuttle buses available at the dock OTHER than Princess paid shuttles. If so, are they private ones, city tourism ones? Cost?

Thanks!

There was a private shuttle company at the dock in Edinburgh when we were there last year. This was at the South Queensferry dock, which is a tendered port. We got off the tender, walked down the pier and turned left at the end. There were people with signs advertising the shuttle and directing people to it. Leaves you off at Charlotte Square, I think. It was an easy walk to the castle, although it is uphill at times. You could take a cab if walking is a problem.

Here's my notes from last year:

South Queensferry/Edinburgh - I have a BIG tip for this port. DO NOT pay Princess $69 for the ride into Edinburgh - just turn left instead of right and hop on the "other" shuttle for $10 GBP RT. There was a private shuttle (large vans) at the dock (L5/person/one way) into Edinburgh. When you exited the dock, there was a person holding the sign for the shuttle. The departure point was marked with a big yellow "Shuttle" flag. You could buy tickets in the queue. The shuttle was running every 1/2 hr.

<<<Karen>>>

There was a private shuttle company at the dock in Edinburgh when we were there last year. This was at the South Queensferry dock, which is a tendered port. We got off the tender, walked down the pier and turned left at the end. There were people with signs advertising the shuttle and directing people to it. Leaves you off at Charlotte Square, I think. It was an easy walk to the castle, although it is uphill at times. You could take a cab if walking is a problem.

Here's my notes from last year:

South Queensferry/Edinburgh - I have a BIG tip for this port. DO NOT pay Princess $69 for the ride into Edinburgh - just turn left instead of right and hop on the "other" shuttle for $10 GBP RT. There was a private shuttle (large vans) at the dock (L5/person/one way) into Edinburgh. When you exited the dock, there was a person holding the sign for the shuttle. The departure point was marked with a big yellow "Shuttle" flag. You could buy tickets in the queue. The shuttle was running every 1/2 hr.

<<<Karen>>>

GREAT tip! Thank you. That is what I was looking for!

Archived