Just wanted to say thank you!

BK512

When I booked my first (well, first paid, anyway) Carnival Cruise, I booked the least expensive price where I could pick my own cabin. It's just a 4 night on the Ecstasy, but it fit into our schedule and the price was good, so I booked. Then I wandered over here for advice on ports, etc.

If it weren't for you guys, I would never have known about "Early Saver" and what it means. Lucky for me, I had booked that rate when I booked. You all explained to me about the price protection, and lo and behold, I now have $227.94 in OBC! AND an upgrade! Woohoo! Happy Dance!

It was here I learned about FTTF, which I promptly booked because we're flying in on a red-eye, so that was a huge plus!

You also answered my stupid questions, and for all of this, I thank you. I shall raise a DOD glass to you all once on board.

And I promise to write a review when I return.

When I booked my first (well, first paid, anyway) Carnival Cruise, I booked the least expensive price where I could pick my own cabin. It's just a 4 night on the Ecstasy, but it fit into our schedule and the price was good, so I booked. Then I wandered over here for advice on ports, etc.

If it weren't for you guys, I would never have known about "Early Saver" and what it means. Lucky for me, I had booked that rate when I booked. You all explained to me about the price protection, and lo and behold, I now have $227.94 in OBC! AND an upgrade! Woohoo! Happy Dance!

It was here I learned about FTTF, which I promptly booked because we're flying in on a red-eye, so that was a huge plus!

You also answered my stupid questions, and for all of this, I thank you. I shall raise a DOD glass to you all once on board.

And I promise to write a review when I return.

CC saved me money within my first week of becoming a member and saves me money to this day, nearly a decade later...not to mention the great ideas and tips posted by people here that have improved my vacations.

Despite the insanity here at times, this place is pretty OK by me :)

OP - Good for you! Hope you have a great time.

FYI - There aren't any stupid questions. If you don't know, how are you going to know if you don't ask?

I'm sure some of your "stupid questions" have helped others too. ;)

I joined CC many years ago - 8 years ago I think? - when I booked -and then canceled an intended cruise on HAL. Not because of CC, but because I took the money, used it to move to Colorado, where I subsequently met the love o' my life. I guess that was some cruise money well spent! Fast forward and we took our "first cruise" together on the Fantasy last year. And thanks to Cruise Critic I only made 50% of the mistakes I would have otherwise. And now it feeds my addiction while I plan the next one. Thank you OP for reminding me to offer my gratitude as well!

Archived