Kayaking: Bar Harbor or Halifax

beinafets

Hi all,

I will be crusing on the Enchantment next month and would like to do one of the kayaking excursions. Has anyone kayaked in either Bar Harbor or Halifax? Opinions as to which one to do? Would love to do both, but will have grandma with me and need to spend time with her, too. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance,

s.

:confused:

Check out http://www.barharbormaine.com under the "activities" section.. I believe I remember seeing kayakers there but Halifax is lovely but very commercial/military port and I'd be surprised if there was kayaking right in the harbor area.. you can always check http://www,halifaxinfo.com. This is lovely city, very scenic harbor walk area with many restaurants, harbor cruises and activities. If you went kayaking in Bar Harbor grandma could take tour of Acadia National Park with the ship or another that interested her?

• 1 month later...

Hey beinafets

We were kayaking together...I wanted to say goodbye and I hope you had a great time! Did you enjoy the rest of the cruise? If any of your kayak pics came out, I would love to see them!!! Thanks!! Enjoy the rest of the summer!!!

Gina

Hi we too will be doing this cruise in Sept. So let me know what you decided. I think we are doing the LLBean one as I have heard about that from so many happy people. Would love to hear your reviews and other ideas....We are 42 and 50 and celebrating our 23rd anniversay onboard.

Have a BLAST Karen~

Hi, We will be on the Enchantment starting August 14th. Just 3 weeks away :) We are looking for advice too. We alway do Carribean cruises so this will definately be different. Kayaking sounds fun and a good way to work off some of the extra pounds I intend to gain. We usually don't book ship excursions because we find better deals on the internet and by reading reviews. Good luck on finding what you want.

Sonny and Esther

Racine, WI

• 1 month later...

I kayaked with RCI in Bar Harbor last year. It was a lot of fun. There were 2 cruise ships in town that day, HAL's Maasdam and Jewel of the Seas. We got great views of the ships. We kayaked out and around the island, Bar Island or something like that which they say in low tide you can literally walk to from Bar Harbor. It was a lot of fun. We saw a couple of otters playing in the water. The tour outfitter was great. We also had a little bit of adventure as one of the kayaks tipped over due to some panic on the part of the kayakers. But it was handled extrememly professionally by the kayak guide! I highly recommend this excursion!

• 2 weeks later...

My DH went kayaking and loved it. He was extremely nervous prior to going. (He tends to sink in the water.) But with the extensive instruction and safety gear he had a great time. They went around Bar Island and the next island out (Sheep's Island ?)

Another evening we saw a different trip return to Bar Harbor in absolute darkness. I would not want to have been on that trip.

Archived