Is Richard Spacey still cruising?

He's ummm how do you put it... "a company man" - very full of himself... scripted... that kind of thing.

You are being to kind

I was on the Allure last year when Ken Rush was CD. We really weren't impressed. He's not funny. He thinks he is, but he isn't. He's obnoxious.

....and then some.

OK, here is the info many of you have been waiting for. Richards Spacey posted this on Twitter today:

Richard Spacey @ richardspacey

3 more weeks and then back to my lovely family and friends back home.

So that means his break starts July 7. And, then he should be back at the beginning of September, unless something unexpected happens to change things.

He sounds like a blast! Hope he is back for my Sept 15 Cruise!!!

He sounds like a blast! Hope he is back for my Sept 15 Cruise!!!

Someone returning from Freedom today reported on the CD thread that Richard said that he will be returning from his break on August 25.

Still no word who will be filling in July 7 through August 25 to cover Richard's break.

Someone returning from Freedom today reported on the CD thread that Richard said that he will be returning from his break on August 25.

So, that means he'll be on our Freedom B2B Jan. 5th & 12th 2014? I hope so! In all of our cruises, we've never had him as a CD.

So, that means he'll be on our Freedom B2B Jan. 5th & 12th 2014? I hope so! In all of our cruises, we've never had him as a CD.

Probably not. His usual contract is 4 months on and 2 months off. So, if he returns August 25, his next break will start around Christmas time, and then he'll be back sometime in February. Unless something unexpected happens which changes the usual contract schedule.

Probably not. His usual contract is 4 months on and 2 months off. So, if he returns August 25, his next break will start around Christmas time, and then he'll be back sometime in February. Unless something unexpected happens which changes the usual contract schedule.

Thanks for responding, Donna!

i normally couldnt care less about the CD but having richard on the explorer this past march was a real pisser. real fun guy, you can see he enjoys his job and he puts on some good productions. hope he does make his way back to the explorer or the quantum.

-Roger

We were on EOS in March as well, and I completely agree. He was awesome!

I was disappointed last January when we learned Richard Spacey was off the ship during our cruise. He had been our CD in October and he was the best!

Well, Leigh X was very funny and with the Activities Director, Frankie, he was hysterical! We enjoyed the Morning Show tremendously.

We cruised again in February with Richard S and he was great but I think it might be a tie between him and Leigh......both are very good!

Diane

I was disappointed last January when we learned Richard Spacey was off the ship during our cruise. He had been our CD in October and he was the best!

Well, Leigh X was very funny and with the Activities Director, Frankie, he was hysterical! We enjoyed the Morning Show tremendously.

We cruised again in February with Richard S and he was great but I think it might be a tie between him and Leigh......both are very good!

Diane

I think Leigh is my favorite CD of all!

OK...just heard that it will be Mike Hunnerup who is filling in as CD on Freedom during Richard's break July 7 through August 25

Ha. That's ironic that we'll have him in August. We had Mike on our first RCCL cruise and Richard on our last one. Cycle of life I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what ship Richard Spacey is on. We are on Allure Sept 29

He is supposed to go back to Freedom in late August. Ken Rush should be the CD on Allure during your cruise.

Edited by clarea

• 2 years later...