NCL Breakaway Wedding Sailing 11/03/13 NYC

Tkd021

I was wondering if anyone has been to a NCL wedding or is currently planning a NCL wedding? I am in the process of planning my wedding and am over stressed. There is not a lot of information pertaining to cruise weddings let alone NCL weddings. So far I currently have 26 cabins booked with over 50 ppl attending. My numbers are still climbing since I only sent out the Save the Dates out about a month ago. We are leaving November 3, 2013 out of NYC on the Breakaway and I am getting married on the ship November 5, 2013 while we are in Port Canaveral Fl. I am going to have everything on the ship while in port. I am having a cocktail party, reception, DJ ... Ect... I am just over curious as to how this will all pan out with such a large party, brand new ship and the fear of the unknown. I am looking to get as much planned right now and want to get some decor ideas and looking to get some feedback from past brides or anyone who has ever attended a wedding like this. I have seen several other posts in regards to smaller weddings but have not seen anything with large numbers and the experience people have had at this weddings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU in advance for your help!!!!

<--- One frantic bride!!!! :confused:

Awe, don't be frantic! This is the fun stuff :) having a destination wedding is supposed to help take some of the pressure off of you so lay back and enjoy it! I'm not a NCL bride, but I feel your pain..on on Carnival Victory and info on this ship is few and far between...I haven't found any other bride, period, lol. At one point I was questioning if I should switch ships because there was no info! But as I have gotten more familiar with these boards and this online community of brides it's really calmed me down...so lean on us for more support and info. Every ship is different but they're all similar. I've gotten lots of great ideas from reading all the reviews and posts for every ship BUT mine. Giving up control has been hard, too! I just focuses putting my energy in asking questions here and doing research so I feel more prepared, and planning my at home reception so I felt like I was doing something since there isn't much for a cruise bride to do.

So....I know I'm probably not much help lol, but hopefully that was a pep talk :)

• 1 month later...

I am going to have my wedding on the Breakaway in 6 days!!!!! Ours will be at sea and we have 15 cabins. A nice small group of serious cruisers! We've been planning this thing for a year and now the time has finally come! I'll write a review in 2 weeks to let you know how it went. We are excited to be one of the first weddings on the brand new ship. Our sailing is the first one to do weddings so if no one marries on boarding day, it will be safe to say that we will be the first. By the time you cruise in November, they will have it under control so don't stress! I was stressing but so far so good :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey there....

Although there were only 14 of us sailing we had about 50 guest on our Norwegian Jewel wedding back in 2011. My review is in my signature so take a peek, and feel free to ask any questions you may have. I so miss wedding planning, stress and all lol.

Dana

I love how you still come on here its wonderful Lipz!

I actually just came to the wedding/honeymoon board for the first time in months. A couple of weeks ago one of the ladies from here sent me an email asking where I was and the other day another member posted to me to come check you guys out because it's been a while lol. I do appreciate the continued support even almost 2 years after my own wedding. That's so sweet. :)

I actually just came to the wedding/honeymoon board for the first time in months. A couple of weeks ago one of the ladies from here sent me an email asking where I was and the other day another member posted to me to come check you guys out because it's been a while lol. I do appreciate the continued support even almost 2 years after my own wedding. That's so sweet. :)

A number of the weddings in the last 6 months were in the beginning stages of being planned as you were at the end of planning and getting married. My daughter, Carnival_Brides was married in January, but we started planning 2 years ago, just before your wedding! You were so open and helpful, which is why the girls/guys are calling you back!!

A number of the weddings in the last 6 months were in the beginning stages of being planned as you were at the end of planning and getting married. My daughter, Carnival_Brides was married in January, but we started planning 2 years ago, just before your wedding! You were so open and helpful, which is why the girls/guys are calling you back!!

It's really nice to hear that I have been of help to quite a few people during my own wedding planning process.

This is so sweet.

I can't help but blush.

Thank you.

Did anyone have the sit down lunch? How was the food? I am a super picky eater and really do not think I will enjoy the lunch. I emailed my coordinator to see if they could substitute something to accommodate me but have not heard back from them. Also did anyone have a full reception on ship that included the dj ect? Did they provide any decorations or am I able to bring some things on the ship to make it to my likes? Thanks for the help!!

Did anyone have the sit down lunch? How was the food? I am a super picky eater and really do not think I will enjoy the lunch. I emailed my coordinator to see if they could substitute something to accommodate me but have not heard back from them. Also did anyone have a full reception on ship that included the dj ect? Did they provide any decorations or am I able to bring some things on the ship to make it to my likes? Thanks for the help!!

They provide 2 wedding pillars, a table, silk bouquets for each pillar unless you purchase real ones ahead of time from NCL. We had dinner in one of the specialty restaurants. Maybe request one of those if you don't like the menu for sit down. Bring your own decorations. I did. Glad I did, because the Breakaway is very neutral in color. It is a good thing because it will allow your wedding color to pop, unless your colors are neutrals lol. I brought my own aisle runner, petals, decorative glass stones, shells and little things like that to decorate the tables and room. The meeting room I got totally lacked inspiration so we asked for the large poster banner of the ship on the water with New York behind it. It was the same graphic as the one you pose in front of when you board the ship, for photographers. It was a nice last minute touch! It sure looked much cooler than a brown curtain! Manhattan room is really nice. It doesn't need much decorative improvement. It looks really elegant on its own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We had the sit down lunch in the Manhattan room a little over a week ago. I did not try any of the food but my guests enjoyed it. They raved over the desserts! We chose the menu with the chicken and red snapper. I ordered the chicken but once I saw it was a red sauce I did not want to touch it in fear of getting on my dress.

We also had a dj. We emailed the coordinator of 40 songs we would like to hear and he played almost all of them. Manhattan room is a perfect spot for the reception bec they set up the tables adjacent to the dance floor.

We did not have any decorations because we love the feel of the Manhattan Room the way it is. Very elegant and classy. We brought favors and they set up a table near the entrance to display them.

You can bring whatever you like but keep it simple because you don't want to carry too much to the ship. They really rushed us through security and check in and kept worrying I was going to lose something.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

We had the sit down lunch in the Manhattan room a little over a week ago. I did not try any of the food but my guests enjoyed it. They raved over the desserts! We chose the menu with the chicken and red snapper. I ordered the chicken but once I saw it was a red sauce I did not want to touch it in fear of getting on my dress.

We also had a dj. We emailed the coordinator of 40 songs we would like to hear and he played almost all of them. Manhattan room is a perfect spot for the reception bec they set up the tables adjacent to the dance floor.

We did not have any decorations because we love the feel of the Manhattan Room the way it is. Very elegant and classy. We brought favors and they set up a table near the entrance to display them.

You can bring whatever you like but keep it simple because you don't want to carry too much to the ship. They really rushed us through security and check in and kept worrying I was going to lose something.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

You were on our sailing!!' I saw your family in the elevator and a split second of your dress before the door closed. You had the first Breakaway wedding. We had ours on the 3rd at sea.

Thank you for all of the suggestions and for making me feel a little bit more comfortable with this whole process.. I'd love to see some pics when you have them available! Also what ceremony time did you have? I called the coordinator yesterday in hope of getting the manhattan room and a 4 pm ceremony.. Did anyone use their bouquets or did you use fake flowers? Thanks!

Thank you for all of the suggestions and for making me feel a little bit more comfortable with this whole process.. I'd love to see some pics when you have them available! Also what ceremony time did you have? I called the coordinator yesterday in hope of getting the manhattan room and a 4 pm ceremony.. Did anyone use their bouquets or did you use fake flowers? Thanks!

Ew don't use fake flowers. Icky tacky poo. You can buy fresh flowers from the ship. I ordered 2 dozen roses. They put them in my cabin on embarkation day. I brought my own ribbon and made our bouquets 30 minutes before the ceremony. The ship offers many kinds of flower arrangements. I went with roses because I know exactly what 12 red roses would look like. You would not be able to bring your own fresh flowers onboard. My ceremony was at 5pm. Cocktails at 5:30 for an hour. Dinner at 7. No one ate the wedding cake. It sat in my cabin all week.

I didn't even think of just ordering the flowers from the ship and then making them! I saw they wanted 100 dollars for the simplest bridesmaid bouquet if you get it from the wedding package.. I have 5 bridesmaids and he has 7 groomsmen 2 flower girls so didn't wanna go to crazy on the flowers

I didn't even think of just ordering the flowers from the ship and then making them! I saw they wanted 100 dollars for the simplest bridesmaid bouquet if you get it from the wedding package.. I have 5 bridesmaids and he has 7 groomsmen 2 flower girls so didn't wanna go to crazy on the flowers

You have to remember that NCL uses a wedding company to do their wedding stuff soooo that means things purchased from that company will be high because they want their cut and so does NCL. Where ever possible, buy stuff directly from NCL and bring your own. The flowers the ship offers are around 50 bucks an arrangement. You can probably make 2 bridesmaids bouquets out of one arrangement. For yourself you probably want to go ahead and make a single bouquet out of one arrangement. I was thinking about splitting the roses for me and other bride but have gone ahead and ordered 2 arrangements. Glad we did. 6 roses wasn't gonna cut it. For the men you can make boutonnières easily from a dozen roses. The arrangement comes with lots of baby breath and leaves. That is if you want roses for them. Not sure what your theme and colors are.

Did you buy the flowers before you got on the ship right through ncl? I'm still deciding on a theme my color is a shade do purple called raspberry... Sounds red but its not.. Lol.. I'm open to suggestions on themes decor ect... I am not very good at putting things together.. Another reason I wanted to do cruise since it limits options lol . I will post a link for my bridesmaids dresses..

http://barijay.com/style.php?style=227

Color raspberry

I really appreciate your help!

Did you buy the flowers before you got on the ship right through ncl? I'm still deciding on a theme my color is a shade do purple called raspberry... Sounds red but its not.. Lol.. I'm open to suggestions on themes decor ect... I am not very good at putting things together.. Another reason I wanted to do cruise since it limits options lol . I will post a link for my bridesmaids dresses..

http://barijay.com/style.php?style=227

Color raspberry

I really appreciate your help!

You order them ahead of time either on NCL's website or call their main line. I am sure they will put you through to the right person to place the order. I ordered mine through Breakaway Group Events, because I technically did a vow renewal with guests so didn't deal with the wedding company at all. NCL does their vow renewals in-house and talk about limitations! Now that shiz was limited! Couldn't do it in the Manhattan room because we did it on an "At Sea" day so the ship was full of needy passengers lol. If you do it in a port of call, the ship is empty and the options are plenty.

Are you doing it on embarkation day? If so, shoot for the later afternoon to guarantee that your flowers will actually be in your cabin by then and that you have time to make bouquets. We did it very simply, we lifted the arrangement as is, dabbed off the water and wrapped the ribbon around it, and walked out the door. I guess if we spent more time, we would have actually created something more styled but we are no-nonsense brides so aint nobody got time to sit there and craft a bouquet. We did a photoshoot in Bermuda and for that occasion we picked pretty island flowers and made really cute bouquets. I'll share pics.

Ok, with that pretty shade of purple, red roses would not work lol! Here is a link to see the flowers NCL offers: Not that many, but something to think about.

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more

You can do some cool things with the "Harmony" arrangement or the flowers used in "Springtime"

Oh snap, i just realized that if you are doing this on embarkation day, you may not be able to book that Manhattan room in the later hours of the day because the ship will have left the port and ALL the passengers will be on board trying to eat lol I would check with NCL, book a date, time and place first. Then go back and see if there will be enough time to do your flowers from the ship. Maybe if you do the wedding in a port of call, all the suckers will be on the island, leaving you more options for spaces to wed and your flowers will definitely be in your room by that time haha.

Ok, i haven't crafted my review yet, but here are a couple of pictures. Some of the flowers in the room, the ceremony in the conference room with the Breakaway banner as a backdrop to hide nasty curtains. And then lastly some of us on the steps and on the island where we picked our own flowers haha. As you can see, we kept it casual and simple. 7899_10100363209592013_1507521253_n.jpg.d5bc6c1ebdf767d550bf2aff5befb319.jpg

10782_10100363212615953_755109317_n.jpg.21cd7be2712852639959779045cc49f4.jpg

179783_10100363220295563_1823724411_n.jpg.9cccdbbb1d034a9140c344eace04ea2a.jpg

935932_10100363833202293_574365521_n.jpg.5e6bd74f32ff74fb3992052f1374025a.jpg

942022_10100363652244933_394208052_n.jpg.cf82acfc2793ca381f08e5b094c8ac84.jpg

969198_10100363652689043_2098827554_n.jpg.3132ce98a3d3db780b0109ff4fe3b4db.jpg

969597_10100363215076023_70120204_n.jpg.8f444a0c1da6dfb328e7bed62658f91a.jpg

972151_10100363832688323_900634821_n.jpg.1d002b0a358f1fd669c0ad2c2ef8c04c.jpg

993086_10100363215095983_1787767231_n.jpg.37fea2a64dd8c82ef717e5e3dc0de3df.jpg

999404_10100363208589023_2006777797_n.jpg.e1ca6912b9c403bd508a50fa2ffff701.jpg

999888_10100363832728243_512731637_n.jpg.76a0624d53539c25d0207fcd1eab6376.jpg

1005717_10100363213848483_883666554_n.jpg.4f9c6c16089d65429c909f0218f6c863.jpg

You guys looked beautiful and soooo in love! I looooovvveee it! It looks like everything went fantastic and you have really settled my stomach on some issues I have been having! I appreciate all your input and time with posting answers for me! Congrats again and you both looked BEAUTIFUL!

You guys looked beautiful and soooo in love! I looooovvveee it! It looks like everything went fantastic and you have really settled my stomach on some issues I have been having! I appreciate all your input and time with posting answers for me! Congrats again and you both looked BEAUTIFUL!

Thank you! Most of the plans worked out. I'll write all about it in my review this weekend. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Great pictures Saltbox!

We are getting married in the Manhattan room on embarkation day in NYC. We have a mix of sailing and nonsailing guests. I can't wait to read more of your reviews and learn what worked/didn't work for you.

Robert

http://www.robertralphbreakawayweddingcruise2014.us/

Edited by beachmonkey
added link

I am hoping for the Manhattan room and 4pm ceremony.. I am awaiting the response from my coordinator as to details! It's going to be while we are in Port Canaveral Fl I have no non sailing guests so it is going to make things easier i hope. We leave on Sunday out of NYC and the wedding will be Tuesday.

I am hoping for the Manhattan room and 4pm ceremony.. I am awaiting the response from my coordinator as to details! It's going to be while we are in Port Canaveral Fl I have no non sailing guests so it is going to make things easier i hope. We leave on Sunday out of NYC and the wedding will be Tuesday.

Oh I see, so you are doing it in a port of call but not on embarkation day. Yeah you will have time for flowers, taking your dress to get steamed, go to the spa and so on.