OWB Moorea suggestions

gannyvan

Tiki -

We're booked at Le Meridien Tahiti in OWB for 3 nts pre-cruise. We're after beauty, quiet, and relaxation. After reading some recent Trip Advisor reviews I am re-thinking things.

We will arrive at 10pm so we can't go to Moorea that night so would have to stay 1 nt Papeete then transfer to Moorea then back to Papeete for cruise. That means we'd convert 1 "OWB relax day" to be "check out-transfer-check in then check out-transfer" days.

Are the Le Meridien Tahiti and their OWBs nice for a quality 3-day stay? Are the extra hassles to do Moorea for a day less worth it?

Thanks! Brian

BP Cruiser gave a good take on the situation.

The Moorea Hilton is a great property for OWB rooms as is the Sofitel Moorea. Moorea is far superior as far as the lagoon than Tahiti.

I would tell you to contact Fare Suisse on Tahiti. The owner himself will pick you up from the airport and deliver you in the morning to the ferry at no additional charge. The price is cheap for FP, rooms basic but clean with A/C, no need to have an OWB that night as it will be dark. Let the Hilton/Sofitel Moorea know you will be arriving in the morning and it would be nice if at all possible a room was ready for you, they can't guarantee but they accommodate when they can.

2 nights in Moorea will be worth it, one night, nope .........

Contact Alberts for transports on Moorea to and from ferry terminal

As mentioned on the return the ferry terminal in next door to the ships, easy walking.

Edited by Tikiintahiti

For our dates the rates are virtually identical. If they're comparable which is easier to get to/from from the ferry (an advantage after the long trip), which is closest to affordable dining options, and which has the better views?

Thanks! Brian

Nothing close to the Sofitel for eats other than their own restaurants

Hilton has 3 reasonable places.

1. Chinese place, basic tables but the food is very good. $20 - $25 USD and 2 people will be full. 300 meters down the road to the right, after 6pm

2. Little Frenxh outdoor cafe. 75 meters to the right. Breakfast and lunch, good prices, very good ,,,,,,,,,,, and so cute, free wifi

3. To the left about 1/2 mile is a cheap pizza/hotdog place

Thanks! Think I'm leaning toward Hilton for dining options and sunsets. OWB 105, 107, and 109 have the best views and are the most private?

All the rooms you mention are great sunset view rooms.

86 is another good sunset view room and might be a bit more private.

HiltonMoorea.jpg

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Thanks a bunch! You are so very helpful especially with all the details which certainly makes the decision making from afar we need to do so much easier!

It's our 40th anniversary trip and a pretty pricey one so we, of course, want to make the best choices. If you don't mind I'm sure we'll have more questions before Jan 2015 arrives... :-)

Hilton also has a crepes bar near the OWB

Here is an egg, ham & cheese crepe, yes I ate that one. $40 bucks and 2 people can share a main crepe and a desert crepe plus sodas

crepebaratHilton.jpg

Crème Bulee from their restaurant ....... very good

cremeBuleeHilton.jpg

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Wow! Very helpful! We reserved an OWB at the Hilton and a first night room at Fare Suisse Tahiti and will cancel Le Meridien Tahiti. Thanks so much for the advice -we're very pleased with the decision. Any hints or advice on the Hilton would be greatly appreciated.

Beni (owner) at Fare Suisse will take good care of you and make sure you get where you need.

As far as the Hilton, the French cafe across the street now does dinner a few nights per week in addition to their breakfast and lunch service.

The food is goos and the prices very reasonable. The young French gal does it all ............ she is very kind and is filled with good info about Moorea.

Hope that's not true! Dec.7 Sunday scheduled to ck In IC post cruise. We will surely never make the 8:30 ferry. Better practice swimming with luggage! :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is that it for the day? Afternoon ferry perhaps..?

There is two afternoon ferry departures from PPT.

3:00pm

5:30pm

Both are on the older/slower ferry

Edited by Tikiintahiti

And if you're on Princess I believe you can disembark quite early - maybe even before 7am. Don't know about PG. Check other CC forums for what others who recently returned have said

I've cruised on both in FP ............ not a problem to disembark early

We have also disembarked while on Moorea and not returned to PPT.

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Disembarking Moorea sounds like the best option to maximize the time there but, of course, you'd be double paying for lodging and food since it's included in the cruise. But you'd save a little on ferry $. To me the time spent is what's most important since if the $ spent were you'd likely go somewhere less expensive to begin with.

There is two afternoon ferry departures from PPT.

3:00pm

5:30pm

Both are on the older/slower ferry

Thanks for the info!