OWB Moorea suggestions

gannyvan

Don't forget to check the Terevau schedule. We ended up taking the Terevau over to Moorea, then the Aremiti 5 back to Tahiti last week. Terevau is smaller and not nearly as nice as Aremiti 5, but it is just as quick.

https://www.facebook.com/TerevauTahiti/app_208195102528120

Dimanche is Sunday. This link is for the current schedule so it will likely change before you go. The taxi drivers and hotel concierge's will know which one to send you to.

• 5 months later...
Many of us have had to stay on Tahiti due to flight schedules. A few weeks ago we stayed at Fare Suisse which on Tahiti which was great. Free pick up from the airport or ferry and free drop off the next day to the airport or ferry saves a lot of $$. Rate was 85 Euros for the night. They are also in easy walking distance to the waterfront when the food trucks set up each night. Bring a small flashlight as the one block when leaving or returning to the property is pitch black.

In order to save some $$ if you are staying at the Hilton open up a HHonors credit card that will give you automatic Gold status. Gold gets free continental breakfast for 2 each day vs. paying $35 per person for it. You also get wireless internet for free in the unit vs. free internet in the lobby.

Just doing my research for a Jan 2015 stay in Moorea and will need a place the night before our morning flight.. The Fare Suisee charges euros and is described as a pension. Do they take credit cards or are you expected to come up with euros?

• 3 weeks later...
Glad I could be of help, feel free to ask any and all questions. I envy people going on their first trip to FP. Actually I get to re-think about my first time ......... ah the memories

We disembark on December 7th and will be staying at Hilton Moorea for three nights. I understand the ferry is walking distance from the ship but any tips on how to get to the Hilton?

Also, suggestions what are must dos in Moorea or should we just hang out at our beautiful OWB?

We disembark on December 7th and will be staying at Hilton Moorea for three nights. I understand the ferry is walking distance from the ship but any tips on how to get to the Hilton?

Also, suggestions what are must dos in Moorea or should we just hang out at our beautiful OWB?

Forgot one important item. We are disembarking on a Sunday. What is the Ferry schedule? Thank

Never mind. I saw it in the thread. Seriously doubt we will disembark for 850 ferry so we may be stuck hanging out for several hours sitting on ourvluggage

Edited by purpleally
Saw answer in thread

Forgot one important item. We are disembarking on a Sunday. What is the Ferry schedule? Thank

Never mind. I saw it in the thread. Seriously doubt we will disembark for 850 ferry so we may be stuck hanging out for several hours sitting on ourvluggage

We took the Tereveau Ferry over to Moorea and then used Albert's Transfers to meet us at Ferry Dock in Moorea and transport us to the Hilton for our precruise days. Maria at Albert's transfers basically recommended to us what Ferry and departure time to take from Tahiti so as to coincide with Alberts pick up service in Moorea. She was very helpful. We were on a group shuttle from Alberts that dropped off other couples at Pearl and Intercontinental Hotel before dropping us off at Hilton.

We had 3 days and just relaxed and enjoyed the OWB's and resort, so very nice!

An inland tour of the island- we did an SSV tour and loved it. The TiKi Village has a Polynesian Dance show which is good- take a shuttle or taxi, driving on Moorea at nite is challenging and not prudent. I found the show at the IC not as authentic and their dinner/dance expensive. Rent a car for your last day- tour the island, shop etc..and leave it at the ferry dock. If you are on a late nite flight- take a late ferry back. We rented a car for 3days & it mostly stayed in the parking. The swimming & snorkeling is nice at the Hilton....you will enjoy your OWB. Book a water activity including snorkeling with rays & sharks. Book the Hilton breakfast pkg- meals can be expensive. Book your activities online- no deposits required so you can cancel if plans change. As you can see from the photos, the Hilton is a very quiet and intimate hotel- you'll love it!

b_140931.jpgb_144644.jpg

b_093936.jpg

b_073831.jpg

b_165532.jpg

Edited by canuck.qc

• 4 weeks later...