Best time to book Pre cruise hotel???

Dave08

We are going on the Celebrity Summit on Nov 16th, 2013 and I am wondering when would be the best time to book our hotel for the night before the cruise?

From what I am seeing right now, most hotels are upwards of $175 or more a night. There are going to be 10 adults and 3 kids so we will need a hotel with elevators and pack and plays/cribs so we will probably need to stick to the chain hotels.

We stayed at Da House for our last visit to OSJ, but that isn't going to work for us this time. I wish it would because it was inexpensive and right in the heart of OSJ.

Suggestions? Thanks!

What we often do is look for a place as early as possible at a reasonable price (although sometimes high) and then make a refundable booking.

We'll then watch for deals up until departure and sometimes switch hotels if there is something better via one of the large travel websites.

In your case, bidding on Priceline isn't an option since you'll have more than 2 people per room and need specific things like cribs.

If you're coming in late the day before and don't plan to do much OSJ sightseeing, you could look a little outside of OSJ for lower prices. One option might be the Courtyard Miramar.

We booked the BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, it just opened and the manager's special was reasonable. I think we ended up at $129 plus taxes, ect for 3 people (2 queen beds)

I saw that rate as well. I will have to keep my eye out for some deals.

We booked the BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, it just opened and the manager's special was reasonable. I think we ended up at $129 plus taxes, ect for 3 people (2 queen beds)

We are on the Valor June 23, 2013 and I just booked the BW Plus Condado Palm also! We have 3 people in a room with 2 queens. Our rate with taxes was about $135.00.

It has gotten really good reviews on TripAdvisor so far.

Ozarkmama when are you booked? If it's before our cruise in June, I will be very interested in hearing how your stay was. It seems to be in a good location.

Archived