Disembarking in Ensenada?

Mary Jane 711

I was looking into the Mercury sailing in Oct. from Seattle to Ensenada Mexico. Does anyone know the procedure when leaving Ensenada? I don't recall there being a large airport there. I have been to Ensenada several times, but never at the end of a cruise. I was just curious if you can get a flight or have to bus it up to San Diego. If anyone knows I would appreciate any input. Thanks ...Mary Jane

We've done the Ensendada transfer once from Hawaiian cruise, they disembark you very early from ship - load luggage into buses and seal luggage area, you board same bus as your luggage as you enter customs area, you leave bus - bus proceeds thru customs and waits for you. You then stand in line and walk into customs building to clear customs and then reboard your bus - who then proceeds to San Diego airport. Not fun - but guess what we'll be in that line with you, we are doing B2B on Mercury and have same itinerary, not happy that they changed it, now both cruises are doing same ports, but hey its cheaper than staying in a hotel in Seattle which we considered.

Ginny

Archived