cruise for big beautiful women and admirers

moon_goddess325

• 4 weeks later...

The ignorance in so called grown adults is unbelievable. I'm 5'10" and a size 16 though I have never been aware of someone commenting on my weight I was born with a hand deformity.as an adult I have encountered more ignorance(stupidity) than you can imagine. When people have felt the need to point, stare or comment I in turn have felt the need to approach them and ask them if they would like a closer look :) well, the look on their faces are priceless!! Maybe my approach is childish but maybe that will teach them that people have feelings. Have a wonderful cruise and own what you were given. It's your vacation and I'm sure you earned it!!

The ignorance in so called grown adults is unbelievable. I'm 5'10" and a size 16 though I have never been aware of someone commenting on my weight I was born with a hand deformity.as an adult I have encountered more ignorance(stupidity) than you can imagine. When people have felt the need to point, stare or comment I in turn have felt the need to approach them and ask them if they would like a closer look :) well, the look on their faces are priceless!! Maybe my approach is childish but maybe that will teach them that people have feelings. Have a wonderful cruise and own what you were given. It's your vacation and I'm sure you earned it!!

Great point, Ariel.

I was just on a ship a few weeks ago, and one night as I was passing one of the bars, a woman called out several times to get my attention. When I realized and turned back to her, she complimented me. I thanked her, and kept going. To my surprise, I heard her say, "She needed that" in a very patronizing tone. I don't know that I have ever been so shocked or offended in all of my life. I turned, went back to the bar, and handed her one of my business cards (please don't ask why I had them on me, lol), then (after explaining a bit about who I actually am) asked her, "Do you REALLY think *I* need an insincere compliment from a drunk at a bar? REALLY?" She was speechless, and her friends apologized over and over for her behavior and offered to buy me a drink. I declined and went on my way.

It just goes to show, assumptions about people truly make an a** out of those who do the assuming, and stupidity is alive and well.

Great point' date=' Ariel.

I was just on a ship a few weeks ago, and one night as I was passing one of the bars, a woman called out several times to get my attention. When I realized and turned back to her, she complimented me. I thanked her, and kept going. To my surprise, I heard her say, "She needed that" in a very patronizing tone. I don't know that I have ever been so shocked or offended in all of my life. I turned, went back to the bar, and handed her one of my business cards (please don't ask why I had them on me, lol), then (after explaining a bit about who I actually am) asked her, "Do you REALLY think *I* need an insincere compliment from a drunk at a bar? REALLY?" She was speechless, and her friends apologized over and over for her behavior and offered to buy me a drink. I declined and went on my way.

It just goes to show, assumptions about people truly make an a** out of those who do the assuming, and stupidity is alive and well.[/quote']

Priceless I'm sure!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Reading some of these things shocked me/angered me a bit. I'm only 23yrs old, and when I hear about people 10+ years older than me making comments like that and being bullies, it makes me shake my head. I can't stand people like that and I'm always the first person to stand up for people.

and there's nothing wrong with curves!

Reading some of these things shocked me/angered me a bit. I'm only 23yrs old, and when I hear about people 10+ years older than me making comments like that and being bullies, it makes me shake my head. I can't stand people like that and I'm always the first person to stand up for people.

and there's nothing wrong with curves!

Bears - there's always going to be bullies - no matter where you go or what the topic, unfortunately. Just have to not let them get away with it! :D

• 5 months later...
I will be cruising in a few weeks, and got excited to see that someone posted a recent review of the ship I'm sailing on. That is until the 3rd entry when the OP made a very rude remark about BBWs. :(

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1935155

Wow. I read the thread, and the post I saw was not third, but a few posts down, so I am not sure if it is the same message to which you are referring. I would say I am surprised, but unfortunately, there are many people who could do with a bit of education and perhaps experience with varying people and cultures. No, people 'of large stature' do not need to be locked away and DO have the right to go out in public. As well, contrary to his apparent beliefs, people of Hispanic origin can be well-behaved without it being an exception to the rule (his wording there was offensive, as well)!

Ok, I take it back. I am somewhat surprised at that level of ignorance.

deetrayn - Take the good from the review/thread, and toss the trash. Remember, that is just one person, not everyone who will ever cruise that particular ship. It's not worth your time to be hurt or upset over :)

Wow. I read the thread' date=' and the post I saw was not third, but a few posts down, so I am not sure if it is the same message to which you are referring. I would say I am surprised, but unfortunately, there are many people who could do with a bit of education and perhaps experience with varying people and cultures. No, people 'of large stature' do not need to be locked away and DO have the right to go out in public. As well, contrary to his apparent beliefs, people of Hispanic origin can be well-behaved without it being an exception to the rule (his wording there was offensive, as well)!

Ok, I take it back. I am somewhat surprised at that level of ignorance.

deetrayn - Take the good from the review/thread, and toss the trash. Remember, that is just one person, not everyone who will ever cruise that particular ship. It's not worth your time to be hurt or upset over :)[/quote']

You are right about that, thanks. I will not let that bother me. I'm looking forward to enjoying my cruises :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi.

I am a 67 year old woman who usually cruises alone - I wear a 3X. I have never had a problem with people commenting on my weight until I met the ventriloquist on the Crown on the 2/8 South American Cruise. I was sitting down front as I thought I could take pictures of the entertainers in the theater. Nature called and I finally had to get up to leave. All the other entertainers came out of the wings but he came down the aisle and we almost collided. I have done a lot of acting and do not get stagefright. But this jerk turned around as I continued up the aisle and started walking behind me, making faces and making remarks like, "doesn't she know the buffet is closed?" and some other stuff. The audience loved it, but I almost cussed the jerk off. We disembarked the next day and I sent a letter to the Cruise Director that I deserve an apology for his very rude behavior. And I finally wrote to NCL and let them know how he treated me. I haven't heard from them yet. Now that is the heighth of discrimination of overweight people. So, don't expect the worst, but it happens. I am usually very gregarious and people learn to overlook it, and I am the first to laugh at myself - but don't disrespect me!

Kathleen

ss Independence - Hawaii - 1981

ss Stardancer - Mexico - 1983

QE2 - Panama Canal - 1987

Viking Serenade (old Stardancer) - Mexico - 2001

Legend of the Seas - Australia/NZ - 2002

NCL Wind - Alaska - 2003

NCL Dream - Boston to Quebec - 2003

NCL Crown - South America - 2004

American Queen - Mississippi River - 5/04

NCL Sun - Repositioning - 9/04

I would have jumped up on stage and beaten the crap out of him. :mad:

• 1 month later...

Haha....this is too funny! I am also a bigger girl and will be going on my first cruise is just over a months time. I have been looking into how to tighten my skin because I was having some of the same insecurities as you. I am hoping that I will find awesome people to hang out with instead on inconsiderate people who have nothing better to do than sit and talk smack about other people!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Bump...Friends of mine have suggested I try a singles cruise. I'm terrified of being the fat girl alone in the corner watching everyone else have fun. A quick google pulled up a BBW theme cruise, but of course my first thought is that it's a scam lol. Anyone have anything booked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Bump...Friends of mine have suggested I try a singles cruise. I'm terrified of being the fat girl alone in the corner watching everyone else have fun. A quick google pulled up a BBW theme cruise, but of course my first thought is that it's a scam lol. Anyone have anything booked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not me. would be nice though. then we could be two fat girls in the corner. Just kidding, Im always in the middle regardless of my size.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived