Star -Alaska-Stbrd or Port Better???

Trina94

Hi Trina! We sailed the Norwegian Sky from Seattle to Alaska, on the Sawyer Glacier route. We had a suite on the starboard side at the front of the ship. Because of the direction the ship was facing when anchored, you couldn't see anything from the Port side. Even our neighbors in the Owner's Suite climbed on their deck furniture to see over the balcony divider and enjoy our view--spot on!

I suppose it's possible for the ship to anchor in a different direction, this just seemed very natural and logical.

We sailed in August and actually had a few flakes of snow as we approached the glacier. Call room service for coffee, tea, cocoa, something to warm your hands. And cognac warms pretty well from the inside out.:p

We were at Sawyer Glacier for several hours before we saw much action, and then it was a nonstop show.

Happy sailing, Carla

Hi Trina! We sailed on the Sky, which no longer appears to be part of the NCL fleet (I think it is sailing for an affiliated line). We were in a Penthouse Suite (the Antares Suite). It was the most amazing cruise of our lives, from a pampering standpoint. And one of the funniest, as we filled all six berths and I think the total square footage was about 350.

The comparable location on the Star would be 9006 or 10006.

If you stop in Skagway, and like sushi (not me:eek: ), try the Skagway Brewing Company. Our sushi lovers were in heaven. There was one stream we walked a little footbridge over. I don't think the bridge was necessary, as the salmon were packed so tight we simply could have walked across them.

In Juneau, try the Red Dog Saloon. Bring an appetite and have the cookhouse burger (your friends may need to help!). Great cruise memorabilia. Just enter through the correct door (one is for women, one for men:D ).

If you are an outdoor lover, you'll have a fabulous time in this majestic place.

Carla

Archived