Where to start??? Hawaii island cruise and Bora Bora over the water bungalow

Dunner

Tonight I read back through my initial post ---where to start ??--- Thank you so much Fletcher, Tiki and Flight- Medic55 for steering me towards the P.G. cruise !!! It seems like ages ago when I first began my planning. I had never heard of P.G before and now I have booked with them.

Zubsin - First off, Australia and NZ are very easy to combine. In my view the South Island is much more interesting because of the fjord landscapes , but June is the dead of winter down there. The North Island could still be quite chilly and wet in June.

How do you think you might visit the Solomons for 12 days? Do you have a ship already in mind? The Solomons are still off the tourist track, and that's a good thing, but infrastructure is non-existent. This remains seriously Third World and the capital, Honiara, can have safety issues. There are no resort hotels anywhere - but there are some diving operations in places like the Morovo Lagoon. A cruise is by far the best option here but it has to be a small ship - big ships can't land passengers anywhere.

French Polynesia is a long way from Australia but easily doable and there you have a cruise operation like Paul Gauguin which people like a lot. Also many resort hotels. Once you get there it would be annoying to have to fly back to Australia for your flight home so I'd do a return to Australia with a stopover in Tahiti.

Two other ideas - look at Lord Howe Island and the Isle of Pines in New Caledonia. You get the full South Seas thing there - the IoP is my favorite tropical island.

Archived