A few Carnival Dream questions..

amoody914

Hi y'all! We are sailing on the Carnival Dream in 2 weeks and it will be the first cruise for my husband and our 4 year old daughter...and my first cruise on a Carnival ship. Has any of your children been to Camp Carnival for the 3-5 year olds? What should we expect, and what types of activities do they do while there? Is there a general sign up, or can you play it day by day.

We are going on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary cruise (Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten), and although I've been to all three of those ports on previous cruises, it's been a few years since! Any tips on the ports? Any beaches close to the cruise port in St. Maarten? Tips for things to do in St. Thomas? We are not wanting to do the shore excursions this time around, so any tips on things to do in port on your own would be most appreciated :) Any tips for things to do onboard, on sea days, meals, shows etc?

Thanks for your help!! Looking forward to setting sail!!!

We will be on this cruise in 3 days with our 3yo DD and 7yo DS!! We used Camp Carnival on the Legend when my son was 2 and it was great. He stayed most every night until 10. They can even eat with the camp so that you can enjoy an adult meal if you'd like. They do crafts and facepainting, free play and some movies/cartoons at that age. You sign up the first day and then you come and go as you please. You will also get a phone for the whole trip in case they want to call you. I will let you know how it goes! They even had morning cartoons on port days. I would take my son down for an hour while I showered and prepped for our shore excursions.

Definitely good to know!! Let me know how it goes this time around :) I think she'll enjoy being with the kids her own age and participating in kid friendly activities...I just wasn't sure how the whole thing worked. I'm thinking about using it for the sea days, so DH and I get some pool/sunbathing adult time while she gets some play time with friends.

Good to hear!! We are cruising with our little one in September, and he will be 2 and a half. And we are on the Dream!! I'm guessing, based on how he handles the sitter and other kids, that he will have a BLAST!!

Archived