Carnival Splendor - Nov. 9, 2013

GaNavy

Hi, everyone -

Any family going on this cruise? I'm cruising solo in a porthole cabin (they're great and the price is right) and would love to meet some folks and make new friends.

Hey, we're leaving from New York! Gotta be some fellow travelers, wouldn't ya think? :)

• 3 weeks later...
I'm going but in Aug. 29th for the Labor Day Weekend out of New York!!:)

Hey Prince, I hope you have a great time - let us (or at least me if no one else shows up here :)) know how you liked it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Our Carnival Splendor, November 9, 2013 to the Bahamas out of New York City had a large outbreak of gastrointestinal illness. Many of the crew and over 200 guests got sick. The whole Kids Club had to close for a day to fumigate. Many of the children who rode Carnival bus to Disney were sick. We have cruised on over a dozen cruises, half with Carnival. As soon as I saw the way the buffet was being managed with minimum crew, I knew something was up. Guests were using the same serving spoons for different pans and every dish carrier ran out of dishes making guests going up to the buffet with dirty dishes. Even our Cabin Steward was sweating profusely. You could easily see he was horribly ill. On the 2nd night I was ridden with vomiting and diarrhea that would not stop. I was ill for the next 4 days but never recovered until 2 weeks after I was home. We even had a death on the ship. The corpse was silently taken in the night by a white van. Lately this is all we hear about cruising, how the cruise ship corporations are making excessive profits by cutting back on our safety and well being. Hardly anyone heard about our November 9, 2013 cruise on the Carnival Splendor. We all need to demand that the cruise ship corporations guarantee that we will be safe or monetarily compensated for our horrible vacations and suffering.