Unexpected diversion Queen Victoria?

MasterNotCommander

Just noticed that the Queen Victoria has returned to Muscat, presently sat about 2nm off the breakwater for unknown reasons. Presumably medivac. Just a bit f gossip for anyone interested.

Many thanks for the tip - I'll monitor that as it may be of interest for my website.

J

Sadly it did appear to be a medevac. Evacuated onto a local tug and into a waiting ambulance.

Thanks for the update - I sincerely hope it's nothing too serious.

Do you have a source I could have a look at?

J

Afraid just a Mk.1 eyeball from myself, should you be particularly interested in more information I can have a chat with the harbour master tomorrow, but think the above is pretty much it. The face of the casualty was covered, seen from afar, which would suggest only one conclusion sadly.

She was around for about 45 minutes, and then gone.

Afraid just a Mk.1 eyeball from myself, should you be particularly interested in more information I can have a chat with the harbour master tomorrow, but think the above is pretty much it. The face of the casualty was covered, seen from afar, which would suggest only one conclusion sadly.

She was around for about 45 minutes, and then gone.

Thanks for that and for your very kind offer to chat with the harbour master. However, I think your conclusion regarding the state of the casualty is entirely accurate and, on that basis, I won't go any further.

I've no doubt that a news item will eventually appear on some website or another in due course.

J

I am on the world cruise of the QV now and, yes, we did return to close to Muscat yesterday. The Captain announced that a man was seriously ill and needed to be taken to a hospital. We had been in Dubai and, fortunately, were sailing south quite close to Muscat. We slowed down about a mile from Muscat and the person was transferred without any problems. I didn't watch the transfer and I doubt that there will be any updates on how the person is. This won't affect our arrival into Aqaba in 3 more days.

Archived