FOS owner suite ?

Hi all. As many folks know from previous questions, I am a newbie and moe then addicted to CC. I jus love reading and learning so much, from packing, luggage tags, to what to wear formal nights and best things to do at ports. With that being said, I also seem to find more questions and hope to hear from everyone. Thanks in advance.

So, my BFF and I will be staying in an owners suite. I have read elsewhere that this is a "hump" room, but can't find anything on RCC website. Is that a good choice, room 1648? It's right next door to the royal suite, so will our view be blocked?

Also, when I booked the room with RCCL, they signed me up for the C&A. Does this mean I will be entitled to the coupons everyone gets, or will I have to have sailed at least once?

Is there a phone in our room that we could use phone cards on to call home? I moved back home to take care of my elderly father who is up in age and failing in health. I cringe at the thought of leaving him home, but he is so insistent I go. I know he is in good hands with mom, but I would love to say good morning or good night to him. I have a cell phone but they say that costs allot of money. I will check with Verizon before sailing in December. We also plan on getting the Internet package so at least we can keep in touch via email.

Finally, does anyone know what the outlet situation is in this room. W both have ipad, phonEs and charging devices to be charged. Will I need to bring a surge? I don't want to purchase one if they will take it away at check in.

Thanks again for all your help....and for all the tips you seasoned cruisers offer. Hope to meet all who are on the western caribbean December 8 FOS.....stop by 1648. :cool:

The "hump"refers to the part of the ship that over hangs the ocean slightly. You should have an excellent view ! There are never enough outlets in the rooms but you should be fine with charging everything you have ! And yes you will have a phone in your room. Being in an OS, you will get extra perks and be spoiled to death. You will have priority boarding, concierge service, order from the full menu for room service, priority pool seating, ice show and main show seating also. I would also suggest you look up RC's meet and mingle page and start talking to others who are on your cruise ! There are a lot more suite perks and I'm sure others will chime in with more !

While there is a phone in your room, you cannot use a phone card with it to call home. You will be charged the ship-to-shore rate, which is a LOT:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Extras&faqId=267&faqSubjectId=337&faqType=faq

Your best bet might be to use a phone card at the ports.

Archived