Paradise Stingray excursion options???

mom of teens

We will be in Grand Cayman in June on the Paradise. I guess we dock too late for the new Buccaneer and Cpt Bryans (and the others for that matter) morning tours but the afternoon tours dont get us back until 4:15ish. (The ship leaves at 5:00). This return time makes us a little nervous. Any ideas??

We are on the Paradise in June also (June 27th, which week are you?). We had the same time problem also with several places...we finally booked with Nativeway...they have a tour that leaves at 11:00 (island time) and returns at 1:45. I'm still confused about ship time vs. island time (I hear so many conflicting info) but either way, the tour gets back in plenty of time. This tour wasn't advertised on their website...but when I e-mailed Sharon at Nativeway, she told me this one works best with the Paradise times. Hope this helps.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Paradise 6/27

We will be on the Paradise beginning 6/13. We were really trying to find a catamaran with times accomodating the Paradise (we did Capt Bryans last March and had so much fun!) Thanks, though, for the info on Nativeway - I will contact them.

You'll have to let me know if you find a catamaran that fits the Paradise times - I tried but had no luck. My boys are very excited about the stingrays...hopefully it will all work out well.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Paradise 6/27

Hi ljrfrm

I think that I am going to book the afternoon excursion with Capt Bryan. The time is a little scary, but I chatted on line with them a few days ago, and they assured me that getting back late was NOT AN OPTION for them. Their afternoon time is strickly for Paradise folks so the whole boat (catamaran) is all from the ship. It was awesome last March when we went! Good luck it your decision...

Barb

• 2 weeks later...

ljrfrm - we will be with you on the Paradise on 6/27. we took nativeway last year and it was great, but they have raised their prices. I haven't booked yet, still researching. We are two families with kids 8, 13, 15 and 18. My 15 & 18 year olds loved the stingrays last year and Nativeway did treat us wonderfully. We'll probably book with them.

wow, finally someone on our cruise. We have our three boys with us, ages 3, 9 and 12. The two older boys are really looking forward to the Nativeway tours. I noticed they raised their prices, but it's still much more reasonable than Carnival.

Lisa

Paradise 6/27

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back, from our Paradise cruise (sailed 4/18.) We used Captain Bryan's Hannibal - We were nervous about the time and checked when we got off our tender boat to see if they could take us on an earlier trip, as we had the first tender of the day, and got in early. They said they were all booked up for the morning, but assured us that we would NOT be late, and that they would drop us off right next to the tender dock upon returning. The guide said we would leave early if everyone could be there, and we did get away a little early, not much. However, they were true to their word, and had us back at the dock at around 3:45 - the last tender for the Paradise leaves at 4:15. There was a long line when we arrived, and the tenders ran until everyone was aboard, of course, so there was no worry at all. This is a reputable company - they know they've got to have you back at your ship or you are going to leave bad, bad feedback for them on this and other websites! So, don't worry - go and enjoy - this was one of our favorite excursions - there were only 15-20 people on our boat, and the Captain and mate gave our kids lots of individual attention. Don't forget to take plenty of underwater cameras - you'll love your photos! I

Archived