On Star. April 14-21 Review

conderost

STAR-APRIL 14-21…..I PROMISE I will not detail all the food and drinks and all the trivia on this review..just keeping those up to speed that may need to know what is going on for their future cruise. Boarding the Star was extremely easy and painless as supposed to other cruise lines I have been on. Reached the dock, they immediately took our luggage right from the Taxi on to their hand trucks. We got on line. We did have a 24 case of water that they did not take, so we put it on top of small wheel on luggage with no problem. The line to get on the ship was very organized and moved extremely fast. The next thing we know (four of us) were on the boat. I think this entire process was well under an hour. We got to the dock around 11:30. Left out of New Orleans. We went up to the Bier Garten for a drink and then to the Grill at the Pool and they announced our deck (10) balcony rooms were ready. Prior to that they also called many other decks stating their rooms were ready. Again this seemed a very short duration as I remember other cruises waiting for hours and hoping our room would be ready. Within another hour our entire luggage was at our door. This was all accomplished by 2pm, room, luggage….what a treat. We did eat in Aqua the first night and had surf and turf, which was delicious. The second night was Versailles also very good with great service from both these restaurants. The two restaurants that we paid for, Gatsby’s and LaCucina were very disappointing. The steak however (8oz. filet) was good, however the service in both restaurants were not worth the money spent. The food in LaCucina was extremely disappointing. The marinara tasted like a jar sauce and not a good brand . All four of us were very very disappointed in this restaurant. Tonight is LeBistro, so let’s see.

LeBistro turned out to be the best food on the ship. All four of us had fabulous food.

The room (balcony 10592) was very comfortable and felt roomy enough with plenty of storage. I cannot recommend enough to bring over the door shoe and jewelry holders. I placed one on the closet for underwear, brushes, combs, etc, and I placed the smaller one over the bathroom door (inside). It freed up all the space on the sink and I just turned around and could see at a glance what I needed due to the clear pockets. I put my medications, facial products, and creams in this one. Also I am glad I bough magnets, as Every wall takes a magnet which helped to hang up all the paperwork you do get during the cruise.

Thursday night they did come accept the laundry bag for 24.95 to wash your laundry. The bag was quite big and I had a hard time filling it even with t-shirts, bathing suits, shorts, pajamas, and underwear.

I did purchase the Internet package, as I took my small 13” Mac air laptop and paid 50.00 for 100 min, and they threw in another 25 min. for liking them on FB..It was very easy to connect. I just got my laundry back and they did an exceptional job. Everything was pressed and folded including my pajamas. We only paid for wash and dry for 24.95, but worth every cent….I will continue when I get further into the cruise.

Thank you for the tip about magnets and clear pocket bags. I had them in my Disney packing list, but not on the cruise on. Do you have any experience with the one day spa purchase?

Watching for more updates.

I couldn't agree with you more on La Cucina. Absolutely nasty. The lasanga looked the same as the lasagna from the buffet and the meatballs on the kids' buffet tasted better than those in La Cucina...

My DH enjoyed the week spa pass, as it gave me more room to get dressed for dinner. He said it was very comfortable with quiet couch areas. He did however put a complaint in that the staff was in and out slamming the doors.

Archived