Need Advice On Boarding Attire/summit Alaska

MontiD

Help! I need suggestions or guidance about what will be appropriate attire for boarding and dining. Here's my situation: we will be traveling by train from Anchorage to Seward (thinking something comfortable), then we immediately take a wildlife cruise for 1/2 day before finally boarding the summit at approx. 630pm. I'd love to do the train and wildlife cruise in something warm and comfortable like jeans/tennis shoes etc , but I'm afraid that since we are checking into the summit late, that we might not get our luggage to our stateroom in time to change to something more appropriate for our dining time. Can someone give me some advice as to some examples of what I could wear on train, boat, and summit dining that would be comfortable yet not too casual that I am not admitted into the dining room that evening. First cruise on Celebrity, so not sure what a good definition of "casual night" truely is. I don't want to have to over-dress for train/wildlife cruise in order to make sure I am properly dressed for dinner. Are kahkis or capris TOO casual? Thanks for suggestions! I'm driving my hubby crazy with speculating :rolleyes:

Monti,

The first night's dining on other lines finds many "different" styles for the reason(s) that you mentioned and it does not seem to be a big deal.

Many people find themselves without luggage at dinner time.

Wash your face and hands (grin) and show up at the table with a smile and a handshake and I'm sure you'll be just fine.

a

Best advice you are gonna get -- Slomotion is right.

I just got back from a B2B on Summit to Alaska and found many jeans wearers, especially on shore trips. (Not for dinner, however, except maybe on first night.)

Don't sweat it. Except for formal nights, all the passengers very casually attired. I felt right at home.

And even formal wear not too glitzy.

love

joan

Archived