Oasis - deck 7 balconies

aks753

I just got off the Oasis and had a D1 balcony on deck 11. Because I need connecting rooms, when I went to book for next year, the only connecting D1 left was on deck 7. I'm concerned that on deck 7 I will be looking straight down onto a lifeboat. Can anyone comment on the Deck 7 D1 view? Am I better off moving up a few decks and getting a D2 - same size room but much smaller balcony?

We had a D4 on deck 7 and we did not have a problem with the lifeboat obstructing our view. Loved deck 7...We were near rear stairway, so 1 flight up stairs to Central park and 1 flight down for Boardwalk.

I was a little concerned when all we could get was Deck 7 (D2) as we'd always been on higher decks. It was hands-down my favorite to date. We were about 5 doors past the forward stairwell & elevators (7252, I think) and it was the luckiest pick on the ship, as far as I was concerned. A quick ride up and we were just outside the Solarium. Loved that area. A quick run up a flight to Central Park, or down a couple flights to the Royal Promenade. No traffic, no noise in the hall. None from above or below. No obstructions from the lifeboats whatsoever.

Best of all, I could see the ocean from my bed. First time ever!

Archived