Carnival Pride Review 4/14/13

lovermonkey

On to Freeport! We had been to Freeport before and this time our time in Freeport would be limited. So we decided to just stay in port and do a few things. Last time we were in port, they really didn't have a lot to do. It has improved alot. It really helped that they have a Senor Frog. After walking around the port a bit, we decided to hang out at Senor Frog. I must say it was really fun. The staff there really has the knack to get people going. There was a guy there from Boston (I think) who was really fun. Took the video. Should be below. Thanks Boston guy for making my day.

Going to DC next.

PIC_1603_zps13ca95b5.jpg

DSCN2259_zpsc5ed1ea1.jpg

PIC_1622_zps9979ba9d.jpg

PIC_1625_zpsa4cfa872.jpg

Edited by lovermonkey

After Freeport we started to get more involved with ship activities. (I know at the last possible moment.) We decided to check out all the shops and load up on stuff. We had bought a few things when they had the 10 dollar sale, but this time we filled our suite cases with t-shirt, post cards, etc. I don’t know why we always had to do things at the last minute but what I can say. Next, we went the question and answer session organized by Eric (The voice from above) and his 2nd in command Kevin. (Kevin is the one with the rose in his mouth that I posted earlier) I always thought of Eric as a roaster because he had this Mohawk. Very nice and funny guy. He did a really good at answering all the questions everyone had. I even had to chime in and ask if the ship was attacked by pirates, does the ship have the ability to thwart them off. (From his answer, no) Eric gave a prize out to anyone who could give him a cute pet name. I guess each cruise he gives a prize out for the best name given to him by a passenger. This time the winning entry was “Cool Whip.” This was Eric’s last Pride cruise, and to my understanding he would next be going on the Miracle next.

We moved on to the “guess who is in the photo” game. Was held in the theater. Girlfriend did pretty good at guessing what famous person’s face it was. I think she missed 5 out of 30(or 35) photos. (I think) Next they had the family feud, and a game where they asked you to do something stupid. Like put a quarter up your butt and drop it in a bucket 20 ft way. Kevin was in charge of these two games, and I must say it was funny all the way to the end.

(What else did we do?) Oh yes, also got to see another show in the theater (Which was really good) and finally made it to the dinning room the last day. We got to hear them sing the final good-bye song, which was cool. But I like it when they are dancing better than singing the final good-bye song. We didn’t get to see them dance because we were always at the buffet.

After all that it was finally time to leave the ship. As many others, we decided to do the self embark. Mainly because we needed to be off the ship and on the Amtrak train before 12:30pm. So I was concerned we wouldn’t make it. We got the Baltimore port around 9am. The disembark process didn’t go as plan. (Get ready for me to complain) They started calling out deck numbers, but stopped on the first one. Everyone and their brother decided to get in line when they called the first deck. People around us started noticing people’s suite cases listing their decks being 7, 8, etc and they were still on the 1st deck. People started to get frustrated. About an hour later and still the announcer still had not announce any other deck besides deck one, someone finally went to guest services. Guest services told them basically “everyone is on their own.” At least Carnival could have done was announce that on the PA for people who were abiding by the rules. Anyway, we got up and jumped in line. Like the many people who were waiting to have their numbers called.

Luckily for us we made it off the ship in time to check in our hotel by BWI airport, and have time enough to get to the train. We stayed at the Homewood suites by Hilton, close to the BWI airport. It cost around 169 and I had 4 people. The cool thing about the room I got was that it had two rooms and even a kitchen. So even though we had enough beds for everyone, the teenager called dibs on the couch. Because each room had their own tv and technically its own room, so she was in heaven. Another cool feature of this hotel is that they have free shuttle service to where ever you wanted to go within 5 miles. That meant they would take us to Amtrak for free. Just had to tip the driver. So after grabbing new clothes we rushed to the shuttle where they took us to Amtrak. Oh, I forgot that they had free wi-fi too. The Marriott in the inner harbor you had to pay for. Thank God for 4G.

Initially we were going to hit Washington DC when we first flew in from Chicago. I had decided that it would be in our best interest (so we wouldn’t be worn out the first day) to take another day off to check out DC. I am glad we did. We took the Amtrak train into Washington’s Union station. We had also bought trolley tickets for Washington DC. We bought on line but got our main tickets from inside union station, right outside the exit. The trolley was another good idea because they took us to all the good spots in DC. Also explained a lot of stuff too. Like many roads are named after the states. Didn’t know that. The best thing about the Trolley was that we didn’t have as much walking. Love the trolley. We had about until 6 o’clock to stay in DC since the trolley end for the day before 6pm. MY favorite thing in DC is seeing the Lincoln memorial and Arlington cemetery. Have pics below. After a big day we went back to Union station. And because I didn’t realize how bad the line would get I wasn’t prepared for what followed. We found ourselves in a very long line to get back to Baltimore. It was then a lady at the counter came down the long line looking for people in biz class, that’s when our luck changed. Not because we were in biz class but because they also were looking for anyone with kids 12 and under so they can sit together. I have to give Washington DC’s union station kudos for that. Thanks DC! It really helped. And thank you Nanna for being 9. That helped too. LOL.

Well, this is where my story ends. After a good night’s sleep, and buying tasty kakes at the 7/11, we headed back to Chicago. Only hopeful and wishing we were on our next cruise. I only wish we were there now. I can taste the Pastrami on rye now from the Carnival deli. Already looking at cruise prices now. Now the only question is, which ship do we do next.

PIC_1643_zpsa48a9039.jpg

PIC_1648_zpsecc0fa7e.jpg

DSCN2407_zps162e83b7.jpg

DSCN2412_zps5d59b73c.jpg

DSCN2407_zps162e83b7.jpg

Great pics again! You can see the back of my bald head with my wife beside me in this photo. I think we missed around 5 of the famous people also. I remember we missed JK Rowling. We knew the broom was a clue but couldn't grasp the connection.

More photos

DSCN1932_zpsea45b230.jpg

DSCN1987_zpsc4322daa.jpg

DSCN1995_zpsbd30e4d6.jpg

DSCN2011_zpsecfda217.jpg

That parasailing picture should've been ME!!! We went in November (on Ecstasy), did the "Total Package" which included parasailing, but it was too windy and they canceled. :(

Oh well...just another reason to go back!!

Enjoying your review!

Great pics again! You can see the back of my bald head with my wife beside me in this photo. I think we missed around 5 of the famous people also. I remember we missed JK Rowling. We knew the broom was a clue but couldn't grasp the connection.

I think I have another one of you on the Universal bus.

That parasailing picture should've been ME!!! We went in November (on Ecstasy), did the "Total Package" which included parasailing, but it was too windy and they canceled. :(

Oh well...just another reason to go back!!

Enjoying your review!

Thank you and maybe it will be you I taking pics of as you are parasailinh.

Great review! Loved the pictures! Don't mind if I ask, but what kind of camera do/did you use?

Thank you. No problem, I can do that.

Actually I used 4 cameras in this review. The first is a Nikon P510. (Has 42x zoom. Love it) The 2nd one I gave my step-daughter to take pics. It is a Sony DSC-H9. The 3rd is my HD Video camera. It takes pics too. It is a jvc gz-hm1su. The last one is my girlfriends it is a Song DSC-w330.

To give you an example, this is the different cameras I was using.

First one is my girlfriend's camera, the DSC-W330.

DSC00699_zpsf5cdd921.jpg

2nd one is her daughter's camera the DSC-H9

DSC05998_zps34e653bd.jpg

3rd is my main camera Nikon P510 with the 42x zoom. You can tell it gets close when I zoom. These pics I was very far from the subject.

DSCN1790_zpsba941a03.jpg

DSCN1859_zpsc4c84269.jpg

Lastly, this is my HD camcorder's pics.

PIC_1303_zpsd25b8449.jpg

Thank you. No problem, I can do that.

Actually I used 4 cameras in this review. The first is a Nikon P510. (Has 42x zoom. Love it) The 2nd one I gave my step-daughter to take pics. It is a Sony DSC-H9. The 3rd is my HD Video camera. It takes pics too. It is a jvc gz-hm1su. The last one is my girlfriends it is a Song DSC-w330.

To give you an example, this is the different cameras I was using.

First one is my girlfriend's camera, the DSC-W330.

DSC00699_zpsf5cdd921.jpg

2nd one is her daughter's camera the DSC-H9

DSC05998_zps34e653bd.jpg

3rd is my main camera Nikon P510 with the 42x zoom. You can tell it gets close when I zoom. These pics I was very far from the subject.

DSCN1790_zpsba941a03.jpg

DSCN1859_zpsc4c84269.jpg

Lastly, this is my HD camcorder's pics.

PIC_1303_zpsd25b8449.jpg

That's really neat. All of the cameras take amazing pictures! Really great. Thanks for answering my question.

So true! Al the pics are really good.

Have to add - We're leaving TODAY!!!

Bags are packed and ready to go!

The PRIDE is ours for the next 7 days!!! :)

Edited by WetToes