Domestic Airfares

Whilst I've been researching another cruise for this year I've noticed that the airfares seemed to have crept up from September onward.

A flight from Gold Coast to Sydney is now between $99 and $130 per person each way. Then you've got baggage fees to be added if you're looking at either Jetstar or Virgin. That's a lot different to last years prices at the same time.

Has anyone else found an increase from their city to Sydney for the later part of this year?

Jill:)

Dont forget that school holidays start again in September and many families will have planned and booked them ages ago.

Since January most Virgin fares have the baggage included. Its only the 'Saver Light' that doesnt. You also can't add baggage to the saver light, it can only be done at the airport at the airport rates.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Airfares are going to creep up soon because we are heading back to the days where only two airlines ruled the skies.

It will be Qantas (which owns Jetstar) vs Virgin ( which is now a big partowner of Tiger).

Yes, they have the duopoly again.:D

Whilst I've been researching another cruise for this year I've noticed that the airfares seemed to have crept up from September onward.

A flight from Gold Coast to Sydney is now between $99 and $130 per person each way. Then you've got baggage fees to be added if you're looking at either Jetstar or Virgin. That's a lot different to last years prices at the same time.

Has anyone else found an increase from their city to Sydney for the later part of this year?

Jill:)

Hi Jill,

We have been travelling to Sydney from the Sunshine Coast as my brother is ill and unfortunately, under these circumstances, you can't give plenty of notice, and the fares are expensive. Also, school holidays must be considered.

There is no doubt the fares have increased, and as a previous poster said, the lowest fare doesn't include baggage, so unless you are travelling for a short period without luggage, you need to consider the next level up.

For us, a one way journey is now anywhere from $115 per person, each way, including baggage.

During our last visit to Sydney, we only booked about 14 days prior to travelling, but due to school holidays in Sydney, we paid $260 each, one way - ouch! We could have almost spent a few nights on a cruise ship!!

Nicki

Hi Jill,

We have been travelling to Sydney from the Sunshine Coast as my brother is ill and unfortunately, under these circumstances, you can't give plenty of notice, and the fares are expensive. Also, school holidays must be considered.

There is no doubt the fares have increased, and as a previous poster said, the lowest fare doesn't include baggage, so unless you are travelling for a short period without luggage, you need to consider the next level up.

For us, a one way journey is now anywhere from $115 per person, each way, including baggage.

During our last visit to Sydney, we only booked about 14 days prior to travelling, but due to school holidays in Sydney, we paid $260 each, one way - ouch! We could have almost spent a few nights on a cruise ship!!

Nicki

Ouch alright, that will get you a 2 night cruise from Sydney to Melbourne.:D

Archived